Problems Sleeping?

baby_boy

Hi all.

Last night i kept waking up and every time i woke up my HR would feel like its dropping. Every time i move postions im semi awake and can feel my HR slow down. Sleeping is becoming a problem and latley i fear sleep. Im aslo having very bad wind problems, the ammount of air that gets in my stomach amazes me. I think this happens though when im paranoid, i tend to take weired breaths and swallow alot of air.

But does anyone have this problem when sleeping and mooving positions whilst sleeping?

Hi all.

Last night i kept waking up and every time i woke up my HR would feel like its dropping. Every time i move postions im semi awake and can feel my HR slow down. Sleeping is becoming a problem and latley i fear sleep. Im aslo having very bad wind problems, the ammount of air that gets in my stomach amazes me. I think this happens though when im paranoid, i tend to take weired breaths and swallow alot of air.

But does anyone have this problem when sleeping and mooving positions whilst sleeping?

Hi

I also have trouble sleeping. My problem is that I wake up every 1.5hour and that I cant sleep tight anymore. Otherwise my HR seems normal during sleep, and bad wind I think its due to the gastric problems. Lots of people here has this problem. Me included.

bye, p

many on the site have issues with sleep...in many varieties. there have been a good number of discussions on this so you may want to do a search - either for sleep or insomnia.

hope this helps,

:) melissa

Hi baby Boy...

i just wanted to mention that i have alot of problems sleeping as well... I get very bad insomnia that last for weeks and months at a time.. where I virtualy dont get any sleep.. and when i do sleep its not a very restful sleep...

I have had insomnia problems since i was alittle girl (and am now 23!!).. i have tried all the relaxation techniquues.. dark quiet room.. w/ no noise.. then with low mellow music playing.. a wide variety of music..i used to have this thing.. Its made by Homemedics.. its called a sound spa.. it has like 6 buttons and each button has a different nature noise that plays.. that actually used to help me sleep.. as I grew up in the country.. and once I moved into the "city' so to speak.. i couldnt get used to all the noise..(cars.. sirens.. drunk people on the corner.. ya know.. the city!!)..i liked to listen to the crickets and frogg ribbitting.. LOL..

you can also try some deep breathing exercises.. to maybe help you relax.. you breath in slowly through you nose and hold it for like 5 seconds and then slowly exhalethrough your mouth.. and repeat...

Um I often will get awaken fron sleep with pretty high tachycardia.... then usually after that happens.. my sleep isnt restful.. i try drinking something cold.. opening a window..(maybe not so much now that it is winter time and snowing..) turn on a fan.. and if need be.. i take an extra BB..(beta blocker)

I hope that you can get some restful sleep...soon.. alot of us here total understadn the insomnia and other sleep disturbances that come along with the potsy package...

hang in ther BB!!

I have the same problem. I get terrible insomnia - where I can't sleep at all - I have gone for over a week on only a few hours of sleep in total. Most nights I am lucky to sleep for 30 minutes undisturbed.

I have awful nightmares/night terrors though, and and somewhat afraid of going to sleep - so that doesn't help.

I can sleep during the day - but as I work and study, I can't always do that. And of course the Docs tell you not to do that, as it ruins your chances of sleeping at night...

Although I only sleep a little during the week, I find that I tend to spend most of the weekend in bed - someone once told me that sleep was a bit like a cheque account - if you don't sleep enough in one night, you will have to make it up somewhere along the line to balance the account as it were...

I try not to worry about it too much anymore, the more I think about it, the worse it is.

I still never go to bed before 3am, as all I do is toss and turn, and just can't rest. Even if I take a sleeping pill or two, I still can't sleep... It's weird, but something I am used to now.

Over activity of the sympathetic nervous system would make it hard to sleep. Its like being scared out your wits if your a normal person and then trying to sleep when the adrenalin and noradrenalin are pulsing through your body. it isnt gonna happen easily. I usually sleep because im so exhausted from ahving to work dizzy all day

I always have problems sleeping. I am on ambien, but doesnt help much. I only sleep about 4 hours a night. If I dont take the ambien then I dont sleep at all. About once every two weeks I will sleep about 11 hours but I have trouble breathing while sleeping. I will wake up gasping for air. I am also afraid to sleep, maybe that is why I dont sleep much, but it gets very tiring! My husband raised the head of our bed, and that seems to help with my gasping for air some. It is a lot better than before, also if it is too warm in the bedroom, I cant breathe either. Which is hard to control the temperature as I am either hot or cold, and my poor husband is always freezing in the house. Mrs. Glass aka Vanessa

Hi all.