Weird breathing feelings anyone?

Guest Belinda

Guest Belinda

I keep getting these weird feelings like my breathe is not processing right and when I deep breathe thinking I am hyperventilating it gets worse does this happen to anyone. I don't eant to go to ER.

I have what some describe as "air hunger", where I just can't get a satifying breath. I've learned this is a sign that my bp is low, and if I lay down, it goes away.

I also have difficulty breathing at times: it feels like I'm having to "remember" to breathe, and that I have to work harder to get my chest to expand. My POTS doc says this is likely due to my dysautonomia (since breathing is governed by the Autonomic Nervous System).

Of course, having difficulty breathing should always be taken seriously when it first appears. If this is a new symptom for you, you should probably go to the hospital to rule out the bad stuff (blood clots, asthma, allergies). If nothing shows up, talk to your POTS doctor... at least that's how I handled my breathing problems.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Cheers,

Lauren

Oh yes very common with me, When I had an MRI on my back the tech had to keep telling me not to hold my breath. I was not holding it just forgot to breathe. Most of the time I feel like I am not getting enough oxygen, mostly when b/p is very low. If this is something new with you I would talk to my doc about it. Hope you get some answers. Vanessa

I keep getting these weird feelings like my breathe is not processing right and when I deep breathe thinking I am hyperventilating it gets worse does this happen to anyone. I don't eant to go to ER.

I have many many days where my breath does not come normally. I feel likes it's on manual instead of auto....like I am constantly having to remember breathe in and breathe out. I often can't find a proper rhythm and I feel like I'm not getting enough air. Sometimes my heart gets out of rhythm for a few seconds because my breathing is so wacky! I hate this feeling of having to think about breathing!! :)

Gena