Progressive

Chrissy

Hi. I can't remember the last time I did not feel nauseas and had vomitted on occasion. Now it is to the point that I am vomiting every day, even if I don't eat. I started drinking ensure a few weeks ago to get some nutrition and I couldn't even get that down yesterday. Just the thought of food and especially the smell send me to the bathroom. All my symptoms just keep getting more and more progressive. I don't know if there will ever be any relief. It is very hard to be sick every day of your life. And not know from day to day what you will have to deal with. I have been officially diagnosed with POTS but am being tested for other conditions due to unexplained symptoms. Believe it or not, even with the lack of food and vomiting, I still gain weight. They thought I had Cushings but because I am covered in dark purple stretch marks but they ruled that out. Plus I have a very offensive odor. I am going to see another Dr. on December 8th. I can't believe how many doctors I have been to since all this started last December! Any comments will sure help. Please let me know if you have a vomiting problem constantly! Thanks for all the support!

chrissy-

i'll write more later as i'm on my way to an appt now, but wanted to send you a ((HUG)) and say hang in there. i was where you were in terms of not even being able to keep an ensure down last winter/spring & while things aren't grand now they are much better for me GI wise...so it is possible.

hang in there...i know how tough/scary it can be.

:) melissa

have you been tested for gastroparesis (slow gastric emptying)? This is somewhat common with autonomic dysfunction.

I hope you get some relief soon. I have chronic debilitating nausea so I understand except I don't vomit only when I first got sick.

Some people had problems with their gallbladder. How is yours? Mine is chronically inflammed which may be causing some of my nausea problems but who knows.

Hang in there....your in my thoughts. Please update us or vent whenever needed.

Dayna

Oh Chrissy, I can so relate with you! I've just returned from Mayo and they've explained that not only does the dysautonomia cause the stomach to slow down (gasteoparesis) but it can also send unnessecary messages of nausea (and in my case, pain) to the brain.

There are a few meds that may help. I have taken phenergan, but the doctors I've seen would prefer I didn't as it may interact with the dysautonomia in some way. I take Zofran and I've gotten a transderm scope patch which I haven't tried yet. Reglan is supposed to help with this and it worked for me except that I had a bad reaction to it. They've also suggested Domperidone which is not available in the US - but it not only helps the stomach to work better, it also is supposed to stop the nausea messages. I'm going to try it in a few weeks and if it is successful for me, I'll let you know.

I've had some time the past couple of weeks with discouragement over the digressing of my symptoms and wondering when it will stop and if I'll have improvement. But there are many on this forum, like Sunfish, who have been really down with these things are are finding themselves stabalizing. I have to hold onto that hope and I hope you will too.

Two things that help me when I'm at my worst: Gatorade and Ginger Ale. They seem to keep my sodium and potassium up for a while when I can't eat. But, I have ended up in the hosptial a few times anyway... but maybe the ginger ale will help you hang in there too.

Sending a comforting hug,

Roselover

Hi,

I can relate to what you are saying. I can generally only eat one meal a day and that is at about 9pm - it seems to be the only time I can handle food - I drink plenty of juice and water throughout the day (expecially V8 Juice).

Although I find if I drink even water just after waking up, I soon vomit, I need to wait at least an hour after waking to drink anything. It seems to take me from 7-8am in the morning until 9pm at night for my stomach to be receptive to food.

I don't mind it though - with the intolorence for excercise, it helps keep the weight off - well, that's how I look at it.

But then there are the odd occasions were I just feel like a tomato sandwich in the afternoon....

Odd isn't it. But I can relate.

It's obviously not good to not be able to keep any food down, so you should address that as soon as you can with your doctor. There are plenty of suppliment type meals (like milkshake things that you drink), perhaps you could try sipping on one of those every few hours - at least if you can stomach it, you will get the vitamins and minerals your body needs.

Just and idea.

I truly hope it all works out for you very soon.

Hi, have nausea all the time, no vomiting yet. sometime wish I could just to get it over with. I had my gallbladder checked said it was fine. My stomach bloats and hurts if I put anything in it. Hope it doesnt get any worse. Hope you find some answers at your new doc. Yes it is very hard to be sick all of the time. Sending big hugs your way. :):):) Vanessa

Hi. I can't remember the last time I did not feel nauseas and had vomitted on occasion. Now it is to the point that I am vomiting every day, even if I don't eat. I started drinking ensure a few weeks ago to get some nutrition and I couldn't even get that down yesterday. Just the thought of food and especially the smell send me to the bathroom. All my symptoms just keep getting more and more progressive. I don't know if there will ever be any relief. It is very hard to be sick every day of your life. And not know from day to day what you will have to deal with. I have been officially diagnosed with POTS but am being tested for other conditions due to unexplained symptoms. Believe it or not, even with the lack of food and vomiting, I still gain weight. They thought I had Cushings but because I am covered in dark purple stretch marks but they ruled that out. Plus I have a very offensive odor. I am going to see another Dr. on December 8th. I can't believe how many doctors I have been to since all this started last December! Any comments will sure help. Please let me know if you have a vomiting problem constantly! Thanks for all the support!