Where did the post go?

morgan617

:ph34r: I was going to post this under Sophia's cake disaster, but can't seem to find it.

I have now managed to break every single toe on my right foot at least once. You know you just get up to go to the kitchen and that darn high chair is lurking there, with it's legs all sticking out, just waiting for that poor unsuspecting middle toe to whack it. Then turn black and purple and be all crooked like all the rest of those piggies.

I wasn't checking on a triangle shaped cake, but then I couldn't even remember what I was going to do. POTSY fogoramamorgan

Funny you should post about looking for the cake post. So was I yesterday. Thought maybe I had been mistaken and she had posted it under someone else's post and I just could not find it. The fog must be traveling!lol..

I have only a few toes left that are not crooked. Too many bangs into furniture.

Ladies, I could talk about the POTSy stuff I've done in brainfogs, but you know, I was actually pretty dumb before the POTS! When I was 14, I was in London preparing to interview a cabinet minister for a national tv show- I'd prepared my argument and knew exactly what I was going to say- the interview went really well, too- was shown on the EMMY awards that year (1996)

BUT right before we went in, I asked my Dad "What's the time?" He laughed so long and so much...we were standing right under big ben- the BIGGEST AND MOST FAMOUS clock in the world! ;)

The other one that instantly spirings to mind is Groundhog day, the film? you know when they're holding up the groundhog and showing it to everyone on groundhog day? Well, what did I ask? "What' that weird animal"...

There's NO HOPE for some people. At least you guys can blame it on POTS!!! :)

WHY DOES POTS CAUSE FORGETFULLNESS SINCE WE ARE ON THE TOPIC???? I SEEM TO FORGET ALMOST EVERYTHING I DO!!!!

I thought Cognitive Impairment (aka Brain Fog) was part of my disability???? On top of fatigue and numerous other things.

It's frightening IF YOU HAVE it which obviously, many people here do not ,Morgan.

But I know many people are shocked it was considered off topic.???? But when it interferes with the basics of the day and i thought I could share a light hearted example, it got yanked.

I have gotten lost some days in neighborhoods whle driving where I have lived for 49 years. I have misplaced VALUABLE things around the house and found them in odd places.

I cant remember my date of birth, phone number and need a calculator for the most basic of math and use wrong words a lot or stammer during speech. I ften forget things said 15 seconds ago and flunk the same test giving to ALZ patients?!

SO, yea, I guess nobody but the sickest of us have brain fog and sadly, others do not understand.

Sorry for posting such and OFFENSIVE topic.

Not offensive, just off topic. The moderators here have an enormous job trying to keep up with all that is posted each day. We ask that you please stick to posting about dysautonomia. Perhaps I missed something in the original post, but as I remember the focus of the post was about a cake you made that turned out sideways. Cute, but off-topic posts keep us extra busy when we are having a hard time keeping up with the posts as is.

Take care,

Michelle

I would think brain fog would be very much on topic. I have very bad brain fog to the point where it's scary. If you did post on it Sophia, then thank you. It's a topic that I would think is important to those of us who have it because there are not many other places where we can talk about it and people will get what we mean.

Thanks, gayle and others, but OBVIOUSLY many missed the Brain Fog BLUNDERS I posted about, clearly, in the title.

Michelle, it wasn't about a 'cute' story but how we can do stupid, and often frightening blunders due to short attention spans.

Many were enjoying the post and COULD RELATE to the brain fog/OI- aka Cognitive impairment connection. that's all. I didn't post it to be cute, just to show how embarrassing this could be from a person in my pre-POTS life, FAMOUS for my great cooking and creative ways in the kitchen. Many others had similar stories but now are hesitant to post.

The cake was just a 'lighter topic' though often, my cognition skills can provoke tears of frustration. And I know MANY WITH POTS can relate to that subject, or so, I wrongly thought.

Most of us now get that sadder stories are more welcome here. I just think it is helpful to 'lighten things up' once in a while with an INVISIBLE CHRONIC illness, but I totally understand that is not allowed.

Don't worry, I shall not post such topics again. Even though others are still emailing me with similar stories...I get that such stuff in your view as moderator was considered off topic, though I respectfully disagree. :)

But it is your site so you do have the final answer. I get that now.

Peace

Sophia