POTS and NAUSEA

bamagirl

Does anyone get morning nausea? When I am symptomatic, I wake up every morning with a little nausea in the pit of my stomach with a little cramp like pain mixed in. I goes away when I get up and move. Also, anyone ever get a burning sensation on their skin like a sunburn? This happened to me last night right after a tachy spell. Both of my upper arms starting burning like a sunburn. I took off my jacket and looked at them and they were both red and had heat coming off them. Just wanted to know if this is common in POTS or if I needed to mention to my doc.

Thanks all!!

bamagirl

Hi bamagirl. The morning nauseau is very common in dysautonomia (as well as persistent nauseau any time of day). I find that peppermint candy and moving slowly help. As far as your skin being red- I'm not sure about that. Since it occurred after your tachy episode it may or may not be related-so..... if it is a new sx for you call your nurse and see if it needs to be checked out. There might be a simple explanantion for it or you may need to go in to be seen. We all have really strange sxs at time but a good rule of thumb is that new symptoms at least warrant a call to a physician if not a visit. Good luck!

PS I sent you a PM the other day.

Carmen

Hi bamagirl. The morning nauseau is very common in dysautonomia (as well as persistent nauseau any time of day). I find that peppermint candy and moving slowly help. As far as your skin being red- I'm not sure about that. Since it occurred after your tachy episode it may or may not be related-so..... if it is a new sx for you call your nurse and see if it needs to be checked out. There might be a simple explanantion for it or you may need to go in to be seen. We all have really strange sxs at time but a good rule of thumb is that new symptoms at least warrant a call to a physician if not a visit. Good luck!

PS I sent you a PM the other day.

Carmen

Thanks, Carmen. I will check that message. Take care!!