Horrible day

Jacquie802

Still have my headache and I just can't seem to move too far without feeling like I am going to pass out. Worse is that I have to pick my sister up from work and drive her home. Yeah, this is about as fun as it gets. I am very tired and I dont want to sleep or lay down but seems like thats what I have to do. Does POTS ever go away on its own???? This is really starting to bring me down. I try to stay positive in attitude but I hate feeling aweful. I hate to even complain because I know there are ppl out there worse off than me, so this is my five minutes of pity I allow myself. Is there anything I can do to make myself feel better for the time being???

The thing with POTS is that there are always ups and downs, so when I feel down, i just try to look forward to a time when my body will be "up" again. When i get those precious moments, i try to savor them. It's tough living with this. It's very unpredictable and debilitating. Mentally it's so difficult because we cannot do all the things we want to do. I hope that you have a better day soon.

Kristen

It's ok to have a pity party every once in a while. Dealing with a chronic illness can be very frustrating and scary at times. On my bad days I stay in bed and rest. I watch tv, read a gossip magazine, talk to a friend on the phone (one that is positive and understanding of course!) and I always vent here. This is what this forum is for. On other bad days I may cry and want to end it all!! Please remember that POTS CAN resolve on it's own sometimes. I try to remember that on my bad days. I also try to remember that even if I can't live the life I once could that my family loves and needs me all the same. And even though I have lots of bad days here lately, I know eventually a good one is going to come and then I try to make the most of it for myself and my loved ones. I am sending you *HUGS*. Please know that a better days is just around the corner and you are not alone. Take care!

bamagirl

Thank you all for your support and kind words. It's hard to not get caught up in the moment sometimes. I really hate feeling bad for myself. I just wish there was one perfect treatment for everyone. Sometimes it makes it worse to be honest that one day I am going to feel good then all of a sudden I am having a bad day. That's the hard part for me...it's almost like some game your body is playing with you. Usually on the good days I am soo tired that I still dont do much. Since once and a great while there is a good day i think that is why my family has a hard time understanding this whole thing. I gave them all the brochures i got from this website to look at and not one took one they just put it back down on the table. Thats life i guess....Again thanks for being here!

Don't get too down. you might be one of the lucky majority who does see improvment or who gets better. The people who post on this site are mostly the ones who did not see improvement over a five-year period but a majority of people with our illness do not have it permanently. they do not usually post anymore. If you got this suddenly, you have a much higher chance of getting better. it will feel terrible for a while, but i want you to know that there is hope on the horizon for many of us. I have been ill for about 9 years now and I had symptoms earlier in my life. I probably have Lupus or Rheumatoid Arthritis that caused all of this though. I am getting worse in a lot of ways but I have found a great combo of meds (took a while) and behaviors and a diet that make it possible for me to function as a full-time grad student travelling all over NYC. Anything can set me off but I know what makes me worse and what helps. I have found a lot of things to help, in fact. Every one of us is different and a lot of experimentation will help you to find what works best for you so you can manage for the long term or, if you are part of the lucky majority who get better (really, it is some 80-90% with POTS symtpoms who get better, the doctors claim and I have seen many who no longer post on these boards. Over the last 7 years of posting, i have seen many come and go who at least found a way to make their lives work even after being bedridden like i was.).

best,

Leah

PS. I hope I cheered you up.

You have given me hope and thank you! The docs seem to think i got this from a viral infection in 2003. It seems like the symptoms are getting worse as time goes on, is that normal??? I wish everyone could walk away from POTS and get better. I cant imagine how 9 years of POTS has left you feeling. My "friend" sent me a nasty email saying that nothing is wrong with me, I have no future, etc. Funny thing is she is premed, with no bedside manners whatsoever good luck to her cuz she wont last long....sorry had to vent about that!! But seriously this board has helped me through looong horrible days/nights. Thanks to everyone for being here! If I get better I am not going to forget you guys here, I promise!