Symptoms worse in the AM

Jacquie802

Does anyone else notice that after waking up in the a.m.. or taking a nap their symptoms are worse than other parts of the day???

Guest Finrussak

In case you havent noticed, many of us dont have an "A.M." and we also often joke about needing night jobs...for some reason there seems to be a worsening in mornings and an inmprovement in sx in evenings...For me, ( as for others Ive talked to with dysautonomias and Lyme as well) we feel better late afternoon until the wee hrs...notice all of us who are up late posting??? then again some are up all nite due to racing hearts...maybe a short poll on the time of day we feel best??? its a quick 3 choice thing...

After staying up all or most of the nite we try to sleep in...lately due to Lyme flares and dysauto flares ( they go hand inhand) Im up till 4-5 AM and sleep past noon...and from what I have heard Im not alone!!!

WHY??? my guess is the daily cycling of neurochemicals are as "off" as our ANS...or adjustments due to meds or even both! Possibly the surges of adrenaline and other neurohormones throw everything else off. And it may even lie within processes in the areas of the brain that are responsible for interpreting diurnal cycles.

Actually, for me most mornings are the only time that I get any relief. I only sleep about 3 to 4 hours a night, even on sleeping pills. But the normalcy does not last long. Now if I have had a bad night, like waking up gasping for air, then I am terrible all day, but on most days by early afternoon I am shaking all over, and everytime I move I have a dizzy spell from #### I hate to see another day come, because I know that it is just going to be the same or worse than the day before. My only relief seems to be laying down, and then that hurts my back, because of laying most of the time. I will be glad to get back on my meds, so hopefully some of this will let up. Vanessa

Does anyone else notice that after waking up in the a.m.. or taking a nap their symptoms are worse than other parts of the day???
Edited by Sunfish

Mornings are always difficult. One neurologist told me at night is when we produce adrenaline. A normal person gets up and moving and they get rid of the adrenaline while ours just keeps circulating in our systems.

I usually am still awake at 3:00 AM and sleep til about 10:00. I try to shower before bed.

I also take Klonopin at bedtime, my doctor said even if it doesn't help me sleep it gives my nervous system a rest.

Hang in there, I know how hard it is.

Dawn

I wish I could be like some of you!! I use to be a morning person and night owl before I got sick!!!!! UP at 6 am in bed at 2 am no problem then :( But now ohhh I wish I could sleep till noon but alas I have college at 9:30 some mornings and I have to be at work by 10 am others....I find I go to bed around 11 or midnight and I wake up with my fiancee' he gets my coffee all ready goes to work at 7:30 am and I snooze till 8:30 or 9. Mornings can be horrid....but then so can afternoons....at night I get really bad headaches sometimes...oh the joys of POTSHOOD

Yes im worse in the Am too :rolleyes:

I use to wake up at 11:30 but in the last few months have managed to move to 9:40 and then time change caused that to go to 10:40 and now ive managed to move it back to 9:40-10. My dr was so excited when i told her.

One dr told me to get out of bed before 9 and stick my head out of a window to get sun.... great idea in theory but usually if i tried to do that id faint and/or feel car sick. I use to try to sleep through that feeling as it would tend to go at about 11ish.

Im not certain what helped me but i think having my bed raised at the head has helped alot. Given i had spent 5 years trying to move my clock back so i could wake earlier and then i put my bed up and now 3 months later i can wake up 2 hours earlier. If you have not tried that it may be worth a shot for you! :)

raise the bed??? wouldnt that take blood away from your brain?? how would that help? hmm confused !

LOL

Guest Finrussak

Jacquie,

Raising the head of the bed somehow generates a mechanism that results in increased blood volumes. Drs Low and Robertson have articles on this...try a PubMed search. Then you dont have as much the tachy/low BP brain drain which adds to the fatigue.

Evie and others,

its sometimes easier to move your body clock ahead rather than back; by staying up ever later...its a nuisance because for a few days youre completely reversed in night/day but this seems to go easier. Similar to jet lag being easier to handle in one direction more than the other ( and I never remember if its West to East or East to West thats easiest)

Finette

Jacquie,

Raising the head of the bed somehow generates a mechanism that results in increased blood volumes. Drs Low and Robertson have articles on this...try a PubMed search. Then you dont have as much the tachy/low BP brain drain which adds to the fatigue.

Evie and others,

its sometimes easier to move your body clock ahead rather than back; by staying up ever later...its a nuisance because for a few days youre completely reversed in night/day but this seems to go easier. Similar to jet lag being easier to handle in one direction more than the other ( and I never remember if its West to East or East to West thats easiest)

Finette

Hi Finette,

thanks for the info :rolleyes: yeh i tried moving it that way but for some strange reason it didnt seem to matter when i went to bed i would always feel quite sick in the morning. I found it all a bit confusing.