discovery health channel

sonshine456

anyone see Mystery Diagnosis last night? I didn't catch the very beginning of it but it was talking about a girl having all these weird symptoms and the docs thought she had POTS. Of course our phone rang at this point of the show so i didn't catch all they said about it but it looked like they did talk about it and explain what it was anyway. In the end she had chiari and another thing wrong with her skull/spine. Did anybody watch this? I'm curious to know what exactly they said about POTS.

I saw it! I was going to post about it this morning! I had a cold so I was up late and I could not believe when the gorl started tellign about her symptoms.... I'm so glad that it was documented on the show...very interesting!

yep...that was it...i'm at my parents (to see dr. grubb tuesday) & turned on the TV to find it this evening. i don't have cable at my place so was very happy to catch it without even planning:-)

the symptoms were eerily familiar...my mom was like "you've been checked for this, right?" (speaking of chiari). i don't at all want to minimize the seriousness of surgery, but i would jump at the opportunity if a surgical cure existed for me...

the show was good but i couldn't help but be a bit jealous of the "happy ending" scenario wherein all is well and the rough health times were only a memory. hopefully someday soon....

:P melissa

if anyone else is interested, the show should be on again (according to the DHC webpage) several times in the next week or so. here's the schedule:

tuesday, nov. 15th @ 5:00am

saturday, nov. 19th @9:00pm

sunday, nov. 20th @ 4:00pm

monday, nov. 21st @ 3:00am

the show is an hour long but the chiari portion is the second half.

the first half is an entirely different story (about a firefighter/EMT who contracted HIV on the job) so if you've seen the last half hour you've seen the whole story re: the girl....

and yep, it definitely does make you wonder...i was looking up info on chiari last night myself...

I remember that the girl went to the "chiari Institute" on Long Island NY and was seen by a D Borlangese ( sp?).. Just in case anyone here isnterested in pursuing more info. :P

Steph - I agree that the show portrays all the illnesses featured ending in this " happy I'm all better ending"

I highly doubt that this girl is home free for the rest of her life b/c of an operation.... just not that simple...

They actually had a guy with an Aids diagnoses end in an upbeat tempo like he is going to be ok.....

I guess the point of the show is just documenting strange illnesses , BUT I wish they did portray them in a more realistic light......