cold

amanda

I was just wondering if anyone besides me gets cold when everyone else around you at work or wherever that are not sick, aren't? Could that have to do with the low bp? Also, there are days when i am so slow at doing things, even simple things, I get tired. Does this sound familiar to anyone? :)

Hi Amanda,

there are different people around here: the ones that are always cold and the ones that can't bear heat. I'm a cold POTSy but Mestinon really helped with that. I'm dressed much warmer than everybody else and I only sweat when I'm cold (and extremely during the night, don't ask me why!). I thought that it was normal to sweat when you're cold. Well, at least for me it is :lol: . I'm not sure if it's caused by low BP, I think (but that's just my idea and I'm NOT a professional) that my intern climat control is not functioning well.

Corina

Amanda,

I tend to fall on both sides of the fence on this one....

I'm OFTEN really cold -- I dress in many layers. But on the other hand sometimes I'll get really hot and need to shed the layers. I'm always one or the other, cold or hot. Really weird!!

Lisa

Hi- I'm an ice queen- especially, my feet!!! I now wear socks year round to bed and I live in Florida! It's been in the 80's during the day and the nights in the 60's. This means I'm now wearing sweatpants to bed, too. I chalk in up to poor circulation. In fact, that was one of the first questions my cardio asked me before diagnosing me- if my extremeities felt like they were going to freeze off. On the same note, I am extremely symptomatic if I get too hot OR too cold so my internal thermostat is quite ticky. And my body temp is ALWAYS below normal even when I am very sick. So, it is extremely unusual for me to run a fever. As far as the fatigue, oh yeah, simple things can very easily wear me out.

Carmen

hi...I get alot of very cold feet and a colf nose... but i also am very very heat intolerant..even with the heat from the stove top cooking.. and if somebody is standing to clsoe to me and is breathing in my face.. the heat of there breath makes me feel sick..I hope that i dont sound crazy by what I just said..

also my body temp is usually about 95.4.. and if my temp goes higher the that I am running a fever.. try explaining that to a doc who say normal body temp is 98.6.. well doc.. I'm not normal!! my ans is all wacky!

but yes I wear multiple layers of socks.. and my feet still are cold! you R not alone!!

Edited by dizzygirl

Exactly the same thing going on with me- I'm either boiling or freezing.

In my class on tuesday when I couldn't sit myself up, I was freezing, in my coat and scarf and my tutor told me to take off layers because the heat would make me worse- but I felt SO cold!

Then after I'd fainted at the end of the class, I came to and I actually felt like my face was on fire- like hot pins and needles all over it, and my arms and legs.

My body's thermostat is on the way out. It has been since I was 12 and my periods began. Interstingly, that's when I first began fainting, too.

I'm sure these things are linked to each other, and to my menstrual cycle/hormone levels.

My room at the moment is sweltering- I can feel the heat but my legs below the knees are actually about to freeze off and turn into ICE

For me my hand and feet are always cold. Even in the summer. Not sure why but thats the way I have always been! Also for me I do get tired easy, and find when I am done I tend to stay down. But when I have a good day I do run with it, and get the best out of it I can, and just hope they keep coming! One thing I am starting to find latly the are coming more often. :lol:

Amy

I'm going to chime in with a very enthusiastic "same here"! I've always had cold hands and feet for as long as i can remember. It doesn't bother me too much, but if i touch someone with my feet or hands, they usually remind me with some sort of shocked exclamation. :lol:

Also, at work, I would always have to bring in a sweatshirt (year round) because i was freezing and everyone else was fine.

I also feel tired after doing simple things, but some days I can do more than others.

Kristen

Hi Amanda

Oh yes I to get cold and then hot and then cold again. I finally told my husband to set the thermostat for his temperature and not to worry about mine. I do not know if it is from low b/p or not my pcp told me I might have a virus, but who knows. Oh yes there are days when I can not do even the simplest things. Right now all of the time because I am off of my meds until surgery. But even before they took me off of the meds, I had gotten to where I couldnt even stand up long enough to do the dishes. Although I am still in the diagnosis stage. The docs know there is a problem and have put a partial name to it, but more poking and proding still to come. I guess what has helped me. and it doesnt always work is to take everything just one day at a time. And if something tires you out too much, then try to remember not to try it again for a while, because it really gets discouraging. I find myself on mornings when I wake up feeling pretty good that I will try to do things like the dishes or hang wall paper or just anything that I could do before and can not now. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I told my daughter that I feel like my life right now is trial and error. But I get through. She tells me to take baby steps if I cant take adult steps. I hope that you find answers. Research has helped me a lot. I have learned a lot from this website and the Vanderbilt website. Being informed is the best way to help yourself. Plus it drives the docs up the walls when you seem to know more about your health then they do. Ha Ha. Research, research research, get yourself informed. I see it as taking control of my life again, before I was just listening to the docs and being scared all of the time. not knowing what was going to hit me next. This way I was in control, not someone else. My PCP is great, she thinks that it is a good idea for anyone who has a debilitating disease to try to take some control back of their life. It is healthy for them.

I hope that you have a great day.

Heres a great biiig bear hug from me to you! :lol:

Vanessa

I was just wondering if anyone besides me gets cold when everyone else around you at work or wherever that are not sick, aren't? Could that have to do with the low bp? Also, there are days when i am so slow at doing things, even simple things, I get tired. Does this sound familiar to anyone? :lol:

I get cold easily and hot easily heh.

I got blue alot ... its due to poor ciculation i think.

however i cannot sleep unless its under 20 Celcius. If its hotter i find it really hard to sleep .. its strange ... at night i seem to get hot yet in the day i get cold.

Strange bodies we have :(

Yeh at the start i was really slow too .... its frustrating, but try not to be hard on yourself.. your body is just having a tough time atm.. hang in there :angry: