Huge Accomplishment

JaneEyre9

Back in May I could barely walk a couple feet to the bathroom without feeling like i was close to fainting. After months and months of (few) ups and (many, many)downs, i had a major accomplishment tonight! I went to the Hallmark store and stood in line and bought greeting cards. After I came out I was exhausted and dizzy, but SO SO happy!!!

I just want to post this to encourage folks. There can be wonderful moments of normalcy that can exist in a POTS world, and i savored this one. I hope that this brings you encouragement, because for several months I have been wondering if i would ever be able to go out in public again! You all have been so instrumental in encouraging me, so I thought you should be the people I tell about my little victory!

Also...I got a *free* gift bag because it was a promotional event...I was rewarded for my standing with a snowflake mug, two ornaments, two cards, little notes, and a box of Christmas cards!

YeAH!! way to go girl!!

That is very cool.. and wonderful to hear.. its victories like that that keep the spirit going!!

And you got "free presents too!!"" that is double the fun. and worht the trip!!

I am am glad that you were able to enjoy some normalness tonight.. YIPPEE !!!!

Congratulations! I remember how scary it was the first time I went back into a store, and how great it felt when I survived the experience. (And this coming from a girl who LOVES to shop!) I love getting free stuff, so that is an added bonus. My family kept encouraging me to go back to the stores and it did start to get easier with practice. :)

I'm so excited with all these new colors!!!! Jane, I am so proud of you, and that you got a gift for standing and waiting. It's so cool! You really deserved it!

Jan, I like the Dysautonomiacs, it sounds like brainiacs that my son loves to watch on Discovery Channel!

Corina

the color didn't work :) , and I'm getting so confused with Jane and Jan, I think I better go to bed!

Corina

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! I got so carried away that i went to Border's tonight!! (Granted, there are more places to sit in there, and i definitely took advantage of that...but it was such a "normal" thing to do!!!)

At this rate, I'm going to spend way too much money. I think it was safer for my bank account when i was home in bed all the time. Anyway, i don't want to overdo it, so i'm going to take it easy this weekend. But man, my sunken spirit sure got a huge lift from all this semi-normal-ness. Can't wait for the day when i can actually drive myself to the store again. :lol:

Jan...you made me crack up about the prizes at the grocery store check out counter. I think we should actually get any groceries free that we can walk out with...hahaha. :lol:

Just as an aside, does anyone ever feel nervous about going out in public for fear of seeing people you know and them thinking you are "faking it"? I kept looking over my shoulder tonight!!!

Thats wonderful! im so happy for you :(

Yeh i use to worry about people thinking i was faking it .. in that i could go to the local movies but i didnt have the energy to travel a hour and a half to school and sit in class for 8 hours. People tend to think if you are out then that means you can work/study .... although i think the majority of people are understanding.

I dont get the whole faking thing ... why would anyone want to fake it? why would anyone want to limit thier ability to enjoy life? its crazy!

I think sometimes sick people tend to be oversensitive, its just so hurtful when people doubt you...but really we should not feel that we have to explain ourselves to the world. Dont let it stop you getting out and about! You deserve to enjoy your new level of mobility... :angry:

hip hip horay :) you had quite a week miss jane....

and a gift bag as a reward...good deal.

:P melissa