Dizziness

Jacquie802

Hi, first thanks to everyone for your helpful ideas, and esp. for sharing your stories. I'm glad that I'm not alone. I have a quesiton. As I said before I am suffereing from hypotension, POTS, and vestibular hypotension. My neurologist prescribed the Scopolomine Patch or he said I could take Meclizine. I would like to hear anyones exp. with either of these drugs. I am nervous about the fatigue because the beta blockers I take now knock me out!! I feel soo dizzy and nauseas tonight I am about to do anything to help it. Please any advice would be helpful. Thank you all for being here.

I've used both. If I had to pick one, I guess it be scopalamine. Meclizine is an anticholinergic, so it would mess with your OI stuff more. That's why I stopped it, it also makes you very sleepy.

I didn't really tolerate either one well, which is why I'm on valium. I don't have any side efects with it and take a really tiny dose. There's a lot of stigma and you probably won't get it till you try the others. Many years ago (and I mean many) I took meclizine for several years and did get used to it and had no problems at all stopping it. The scopalamine I got during an acute attack of meneires and also got an anti emetic too. It made me feel weird, but I'm not sure which one did. They both give you dry mouth, but I don't believe the scopalamine makes you tired like the meclizine. Good luck...morgan