dizziness/light-headedness

Goblin

Hello. This question is for everyone who experiences dizziness of lightheadedness. I was wondering if this symptom happens only once in a while or is constant. I experience almost constant lightheadedness and nothing seems to help. I sometimes feel like I am off balance, this only lasts for a short while. If I am watching tv, sometimes I will feel like I involuntarily move slightly, like a falling feeling. Can anybody relate to this?

I can absolutely relate!! Lightheadedness is my main and most bothersome symptom, and has been since the beginning. I am in a state of almost constant lightheadedness, sometimes it gets worse and sometimes lightens up a little. The worst, of course, is when I am up walking around for a long time or very tired. Pro-Amatine helped with this considerably, but I am currently not taking it. I'm hoping to begin again after my next doctor's appointment to see if it improves. After I had my baby I went off all the meds, and much to my dismay I just seem to be getting worse without the Pro-Amatine . . . but I definitely understand the feeling you are describing!!

Lightheadedness is my main complaint too;) I used to have it off and on but I have had it constantly for the past 9 1/2 months. I tried Proamatine first but it made my symptoms worse. I am now taking florinef and toprol xl. I still am experiencing alot of lightheadedness. My other symptoms have lessened though. I used to have alot of palpatations and anxiety. Those are the main things that have gone away. Do you also get that falling feeling? I hate that feeling.. it is so scary. Is there anything that you have found that has made the lightheadedness better?

I do get that falling feeling, moreso in the beginning than I do now, but sometimes I do and I think I must be going crazy!! It mainly happens when I am sitting still- with very few distractions- like in a class, a meeting, or at the dinner table. Those scenarios are difficult for me, and I wish I could find something that helped a little. The I'm-Going-To-Faint lightheadedness is a little different, and gets worse upon standing for long periods of time. I just try to make sure I get enough rest and drink plenty of water and electrolyte drinks, as well as increasing my sodium. My doc seems to think that massageing the legs several times a day is a good way to keep the blood moving, so I'll do that sometimes when it gets severe.

I think you are describing what I am talking about. I also get it when I am sititng and not doing much. I drink plenty of fluids (lots of gatorade) and eat alot of salt, but I have not had much relief. I was already drinking alot and having alot of salt before I was sick. I will try massaging my legs.. thank you for the advice. Take care, -Stacey