Stood in my friends wedding...whew!!

ethansmom

I have been very absent around here lately...there is just so much going on!!

I had a conference to go to at the beginning of the month, then I spent a week at my mom's house because my babysitter quit and I had to work...and I just got home from my very first trip with both kids. The airplane ride was so smooth it was almost too good to be true...no POTS flare-ups or anything!! I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding last weekend and I was a nervous wreck about standing so long during the ceremony but it went pretty well. I had already been on my feet all day running around, getting ready and chasing the kids. Well...the room was so hot I had sweat running down my face by the time they said "I Do" but thankfully I made it without any major problems. I am just happy that things went smoothly and glad to be home. I've spent the majority of the week recovering from the trip, and I'm exhausted, but I just wanted to share a small victory.

I think when we share positive stories it gives us all hope and gratitude. I become very thankful when I make it through "normal" events...one could consider it a gift that POTS has given all of us, is the ability to be grateful for the little things that most people take for granted!!

That's wonderful that you made it through the wedding, plane trip, etc! What an encouragement! I think what you said is great...we really do give thanks for the little things. When i can put a dishwasher full of dishes away, or even sit up at a "real" restaurant, it makes me so happy...truly makes me grateful for the simple things.

Kristen