Question concerning menstrual stuff

dizzygirl

Hey there folks...

I have a question for you all..it just like dawned on me tonight..(I had a lightbulbs moment!).. as to the probable cause why i havent been feeling so spiffy latley. I have been having me period on and for for 2 months straight now... I have a light spotty flow then it stops and starts and stops and so on.. and the cramps are unrulely! UGH!

I only stop spotting for a few days maybe 2-4 and then start back up again.. this explains some things..

I usualy go for a very long time w/o having a period 10-14 months... the only period that I really remeber more recetnly anyways.. is this past June.. when I was hospitalized.. and my pots went way crazy...

I have had so many ultrasounds of my ovaries and stuff.. all they ever said was that my ovaries are undeveloped and that I have asmall cyst on the one ovarie.. that the cyst was nothing to worry about.. but that the undeveloped ovaries may cause fertility problems for me.. and what not..

Well then I was skipping again which isnt unusual for me.. but it is unusual for me to spot.. and that is pretty much what it is is spotting.. for almost 2 months.. I am just curious to thoughts on this.. gotta love these wacked out potsy bodies we have.. Shoot I cant even Ovulate right!! LOL

I go see the doc wednesday and plan on talking to her about it.. among other things..

thanks for listening..

averycrampygrumpydizzygirl

I couldnt imagine being on my period for 2 months! A friend of mine had really weird periods like that and was tired alot. They finally diagnosed her with polysistic ovary syndrome. She is on meds and feels alot better. She still doesnt get her period though. They are talking about putting her on birth control to try and regulate her periods.

I was getting my periods off and on every 2 weeks or so, then just some spotting at times. My cycle was and still is not regular. Can't plan sunny vacations on the shore too much in advance. I went on b/c pills to regulate for a few months then I went off. I did fine for a while then it came back. I used progesterone cream, from the vitamin store, it had a certain percentage of natural progesterone in it. Just rubbed it in my palms, arms or abdomen from my 11th day from the first day of period until about the 21-24day then stopped and my period then started. For me it worked. I have been ok for a while again but I still have the cream just in case.

Not bad enough we have to go through this for once a month for years,,but twice a month,,yuck!

:blink:

Prior to my hysterectomy two summers ago, I had periods that would last three weeks or more at a time. It was awful and I felt awful. My diagnosis ended up being endometriosis on my colon. Endo is diagnosed through laparascopic surgery so an ultrasound would not necessarily show it unless you had hige growths in "typical" places (ovaries, uterus, etc.). Many dysautonomia sxs and endometriosis sxs overlap. The girls going through endometrisosis often are in the same boat as us on this forum. They have a lot of unexplained sxs that the doctors can't "see" and they too get dismissed and told its stress. Only after a biopsy can a docotor then say, oh you were sick! Arrgg. Anyway, you might want to discuss endo with your doctor. Good luvk!

Carmen

Hope you start feeling better soon.

I started on b/c pills because mine wasn't steady, it would come and go and it was really heavy. The pills help, I now only have my regular 6 day period, but about a week before I have spotting for about 1 or 2 days. Dr. Fouad also started my on flourinf(?) for the week before my period, because the week before I was bad with the POTS stuff. Better now.

Hope they can do something for you. Good luck at the Dr.

Tracy

Hey linda,

I used to have really irregular periods as well. I'd bleed for a month, then go four months w/o anything. They put me on birth control and it has really, really helped. I'm on ortho-trycyclin low, which is a low hormone bc.

I don't know if birth control will help, but you might want to talk to your doctor about it. :blink:

Good luck,

Lauren

I am actually on my second period of the month. The craps are horrible and i am actually spotting right now. I haven't had it for a full two months but i am def. irregular. And i am even on birth control to try to regulate it. I also have ovarian cysts so i know how all that goes. But i would def talk to the gyno. Well i hope that you feel better soon! Good luck!

Hillary

Hi.. all..

thanks for the pointers..I have talked to my doc in the past about b/c to control regulate my periods.. and for reasons that I dont remeber.. she said that she couldnt put me on b/c.. I will talk to her again about it though..

I dont like this period crap!! and for 2 months now.. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!

Sorry about your aggravation. I don't have answers, but much sympathy. I have also had a rotten time with my periods. I have terrible cramps, migraines, and like you, it can be very irregular. Sometimes every 20 days or every 20 months!! I never had a problem with fertility, though. My problem was staying pregnant. I have 4 children out of 8 pregnancies. I also have a lot of spotting instead of what I would call a "regular" period. Just a really light and short flow. I hope no guys are reading this, because it's probably grossing them out!! :blink:

I have had my hormones checked. Everything turned out normal, except my prolactin level was low. That was interesting to me, because I have always felt my best when I was breastfeeding, when, of course, I had high levels of prolactin in my system.

Has your doc checked your female hormone levels? I do hope you get an answer and help to this problem. I can't make it out of bed when I have cramps. You must be in misery!! Hang in there. Hope you feel better soon.

Melly

I had a period for 4 months at 16, when I was put on Microgynon non stop for 6 months- no breaks at all. Well, it was pretty inevitable I'd bleed. The weird thing is though, after that, my periods stopped for like 4 years! I was fine from 16-20, it was just when I started my second year at St Andrews the dizzies came back :blink:

Maybe you will get better after this stops? Who knows...

Our bodies are all very, very strange machines, aren't they!

I know only too well the cramps you talk of though- they were TORTURE. I spent 4 months looking GREY and ashen because it was like my life blood was literally being sucked out of me :)

Hugs. Hot water bottles. And nice bubble baths. Are essential.

I believe period problems are very common with POTS. You might want to look into a birth control pill that eliminates periods - Seasonal is one brand. My daughter [with POTS] had to try a number of brands of pills to stop her break through bleeding. She's on a slightly higher estrogen pill now [Zavia?] that has done the trick. She skips every other period by skipping the 4th week of pills and starting right in on a new pack. Her doctor has her get a period every other month. Hope you find something that works for you!

hey dizzygirl,

i have the same type of problem with my period but only this past year before that i was on the pill and then the depo provera injection (that made me soo ill) but now my periods are so irregular and heavy and last for weeks, i've been on my period now for the past ten days and i'm hoping it stops soon cos i feel like ****!

docs w2on't put me on the pill because i take florinef and they are worried about side effects and cardio says that i have to wait until the next round of tests on my adrenal glands, but i've had my hormones tested and they are all fine, hope you get further with your docs

crampygrumpybecks x x