Palpitations and a bounding pulse

Hello everyone,

I've been having a bounding pulse for over 9 months now. It is only felt when lying down mostly, sometimes when sitting.

It is felt in the back of my head, back and sometimes my arms. It literally shake my body.

Heart rate is normal and even on the lower side. Blood pressure is normal. No other symptoms, except a slight chest pain once every 2 months.

Been to doctor, 2 auscultations didn't show anything and no arrythmia detected in the ECG. I'm at loss. This all started after a panic attack and a sore throat (maybe covid?)

Has anyone been going through the same thing?

Not necessarily emphasized in the same parts of the body, but generally more pronounced or noticeable at rest. I believe I heard someone say or write once that this is a feature of an jacked up sympathetic nervous system. In other words, common in these conditions we experience. 

@Mo4d93, welcome to the forum. I don’t have this symptom myself, but have seen it mentioned many times over the years.

Here is a previous discussion on the topic that might be of interest:

https://www.dinet.org/forums/topic/32861-bounding-pulse-issue-going-on-for-years/#comment-295447

You might find searching old posts helpful. A lot of wisdom tucked away on this forum.

On 7/8/2024 at 3:54 AM, MTRJ75 said:

Not necessarily emphasized in the same parts of the body, but generally more pronounced or noticeable at rest. I believe I heard someone say or write once that this is a feature of an jacked up sympathetic nervous system. In other words, common in these conditions we experience. 

It's deeply uncomfortable, although not painful.