pain killer without propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol

Can anyone help me.  I had dental surgery thinking I could take Tylenol for pain.  However after trying Tylenol since surgery I have reacted to it both times in a negative way.  It does contain these two ingredients both of which I have had problems in the past but didn't check ingredient list this time.  Does anyone know a pain killer that doesn't have these in the list.  I'm in much pain & Aleve or Ibuprofen doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated & I haven't been able to find anything.  Thanks.

43 minutes ago, gertie said:

Can anyone help me.  I had dental surgery thinking I could take Tylenol for pain.  However after trying Tylenol since surgery I have reacted to it both times in a negative way.  It does contain these two ingredients both of which I have had problems in the past but didn't check ingredient list this time.  Does anyone know a pain killer that doesn't have these in the list.  I'm in much pain & Aleve or Ibuprofen doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated & I haven't been able to find anything.  Thanks.

Last time i had any tooth work done Tylenol did not work and ended up taking percocet for a day. Got over any sides that came with it. pain relief out weighed all else. 

Sorry you're dealing with that, you planned for it and everything.. it's miserable trying to work around all the crap they put into meds. You were braver than I am to go to the dentist in the first place, I'm too worried about my nervous system taking another hit. 

If you can tolerate something like turmeric or ginger, those are supposed to be decent natural pain relievers. I drank some ginger tea the other night to help with some pretty severe inflammation and it seemed to take the edge off for a little bit at least.

If you think it's likely just those inactive ingredients causing the reaction, it may be worth looking up (or asking a family member or friend to, since pain is hard to think through) different store brands of acetaminophen online to view their ingredients panel; In my experience the inclusion of those ingredients in OTC meds and supplements seems to be unique to the manufacturer, it may not be the case across the board from one generic to the next, could be you get lucky and find one without the bad ingredients and that'll help the pain.

@gertie have you spoken to your pharmacist about this? They may know of a brand that does not have those ingredients. Otherwise your dentist or doctor may be able to suggest something. 

Thanks everyone for suggestions.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Dr's suggestion is something with opoids.  I have tried compounding pharmacy before but the things they use are sometimes worse.

I'm also allergic to most foods.  I'll have to get tougher.

40 minutes ago, gertie said:

Thanks everyone for suggestions.  I have tried everything I can think of.  Dr's suggestion is something with opoids.  I have tried compounding pharmacy before but the things they use are sometimes worse.

I'm also allergic to most foods.  I'll have to get tougher.

Opioids, I swear sometimes it feels like drs suggest over-the-top meds just to shut us up ya know? 

You can't help your allergies Gertie, we tough out a lot already lol it's not too much to ask for a pain killer without fillers. 

That Genexa brand JaneEyre mentioned appears to be available on Amazon, from their website it looks like they make a bunch of different medicine cabinet staples without the junk, that could be worth a try. 

15 hours ago, gertie said:

to JaneEyre9 and bumpkin,  Thanks for the Genexa brand acetaminophen suggestion.  I had never heard of it before but found it at a local pharmacy.  I'm giving it a try.  Thanks very much!

Oh that's awesome! Glad to hear they actually carried it locally, here's hopin' you get some relief soon. Was in a similar boat recently where tylenol was the only thing they recommended after the procedure, was grateful to tolerate whatever generic I got cuz I needed it more than I'd expected to. 

@gertie, I hope the pain subsides soon with the new brand.

I remember you were nervous about the dentist. I’m still procrastinating about my appt (not sugery, just fillings probably, but still).

I hope you can now think of pleasant things for a while, like brown paper packages and whiskers on mittens, or however it goes!