Is there something in the air (really)

Poohbear

Morgan, you are right...seems like we've got a lot of people in the canyon (it's not so Grand though).

Is there any correlation to weather or allergy for those of you who have been finding yourselves worse recently?

I do not like my syncope

I do not like it can't you see...... grrrrr. Sigh

My body for two days was so sluggish. Low BP for me, very low heartrate and then today I've been doing good to keep my heart rate below 112 lying down and my bp is too high.

Hi Pooh!

Isn't it wacky -- we seem to be dropping like flies (or POTSies really :) )!

In my case, it's a matter of recovering from major exertions (family emergency). The occasional cloudy days we're having in NJ haven't helped -- I'm beginning to wonder if I've developed Seasonal Affect Disorder (SAD). It wasn't a problem ever before, but since the onset of POTS & CFS, I'm noticing a definite shift in that direction. Goody -- more things to research! :):) At least the weather is cooling down; don't have to fight it out with the heat anymore! :)

Sorry you're not doing so hot yourself. Hope you climb out of the canyon soon -- at least you're not alone down here. :P Keep you chin up!

Angela

hey pooh!!

can you see me here in the canyon with you?? here I am !! I'm one of the ones flat on my back...waving a white surrender flag in the air... :)

I know aht you mean.. my potsy crap seems to be getting worse and worse.. instead of better and better.. despite many attempted treatsments!

Oh it si oh so frustrating! I came very close to a full blown syncope epsiode here about a hour ago...I was stadning there in front of the Cd player popping in a CD.. and low and behold I got really dizzy.. tachy.. and wobbley legged.. and my legs collapsed and i landed to the floor with a thudd... didnt go uncsious though.. thank god... but still makes you feel like poop!

YEs I have to think that the season changes have some kind of effect on my pots.. wheather there is scientific proof or not I dont know... just my thought... anyways..every change of season I get blastd with bronchiuts or walking pneumonia. or some kind of respitory problem...

HMMM?

Hope that we all pull out of this canyan hole that we are in soon!

It's really bizarre, but this happened this time last year. Every one felt like crap. We were all dropping like flies. It's got to have something to do with the weather changes or something. I don't know what, but this time last year, we were all sharing cookies in the canyon. Hopefully this potsseason won't be as bad as last years. We all finally seemed to scrape our way out, except poor Em, who's still battling. Now we're all sinking again. Would be nice to know what the darn trigger is....morgannabannana

yep, count me in. i think in my case it could be the weather. i always have more trouble when it's getting colder. yesterday i was thinking that i need my electric blanket again (aarrrrggghhhhhh it is SEPTEMBER). but i'm also struggling with getting up at 6am to help my youngest son (11, this month) to school. when he leaves at 6.45 am i'm back in bed and sleep until 11 or 12 again. i don't want to complain about all the sleep i get, it's just that the bigggest part of my day is gone bye by then! i really wish i could send all of you not-sleepers some of my sleep!!!

corina :lol:

Interesting....guess maybe some day we will figure it out. :)

Corina, I hope you are able to get warm. You can come visit here. It's still upper 80's every day here and still humid. Last night at midnight it was still 82 here and 89% humidity so I don't understand why I'm feeling worse but I do know there is a front on it's way in. Tomorrow it's supposed to get in the upper 50's at night and only a high of 78--YEAH. My kind of weather and it's the first cool temps we've had in a long long time.

Hang in there everybody!!

Guess we won't be enjoying Octoberfest like others. :lol:

Same here. I feel crummy, and my son, who has been doing well for about a month or so, crashed on me yesterday. He is having high BP and tachy again. Both of us have really bad fall allergies. Don't know if there's any correlation here. But we are both definitely worse off with the HR/BP issues in the fall.

Melly

Call me crazy (it wouldn't be the first time!) but I link my "fall" to the hurricanes. The stress of seeing what has happened to so many people on top of the seasonal allergy stuff knocked me down flat. I'm just now able to sit up and do a few things. My body has gone nuts. My BP got down in the 80/40 range yesterday even after two liters of fluid so I have felt awful. Just a thought- environmental and social stresors could be contributing factors. Similiar stuff happened after 9/11- a lot of people expereinced sxs similiar to PTSD even if they weren't directly affected. So, it's possible the state of the world is affecting the state of our bodies. Take care!

Carmen

Pooh,

I have noticed this too...like where is everyone??? And it is soooo sad, b/c I know most are away b/c they feel so crummy.

You've posted some great posts lately...about hard topics and I wanted to respond so much b/c they captured how I was really feeling...but that requires the energy to type and read! Ha! Sorry, trying to be funny at 2 am when I cannot sleep.

It's nice to take a 'head count' every once in a while, like EarthMother did a while back. That way we can get a little update from everyone we've missed so much!

I do think for many folks allergies, esp. ragweed are a hard one...I do know that POTS is aggravated by allergies, so it is important to try to control the allergies or avoid the allergens. I cannot even sit outside for a few minutes right now during peak ragweed season (even on singulair and allegra).

MORGAN...if you are reading this...you made me laugh so hard. It is so sad, but so true...I haven't left the canyon at all this year! What is up with that? Thanks for your humor and noticing that I have been down and out for so long. That my time away from the board is a direct reflection of how crappy I feel!

Well, I suppose I will try sleep again, huh???

Later alligators!

Emily

emily, emily, i sooooo wish i could send you the sleep i'm having!!!! our day has begun and my youngest son is off to school and i'm hurrying back into bed!!!!! but not before talking to all of you of course!!!

pooh, i wish i could come over to stay with you in the warmth!!! maybe you want to enjoy a cool summer next year in my country? you're welcome in our castle! uhh townhouse i mean! ;)

corina :)

Hi everyone. I might be sliding my way down in the canyon to join you. I don't think it's the change of seasons for me, b/c it's still hot as heck here in Florida, but I think it's job stress.

I've been so very stressed and overwhelmed at work that it's causing all my POTS symptoms to flare up. I'm completely on edge. I jump at any little noise, I'm having nightmares whenever I do sleep and terrible chest pains, forceful heartbeats, tachy, low BP, etc.

Emily, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I try to force myself to stay in bed at least 45 mins. and try to fall back asleep. If I can't ,then I finally get up and get on the computer to take my mind off everything, but then I'm up for a few more hours before returning to be. And then the alarm clock goes off right when I'm drifting off and I have to go to work. It *****, for lack of a better word!! :)

Corina can you send some of your sleepiness my way too?

I haven't been drinking my magnesium tea in a long while, so maybe I should go back to that!! It seemed to help me sleep before.

Well I'm sending hugs, healing thoughts and tea and cookies to everyone down here. I'm waiting for the resuce helicopter to come bail us all out! ;)

Gena

I also am feeling much worse the last two weeks. I do correlate my difficulties with the change of weather. I think it's part physical, part mental in terms of psyching myself out. But something physical definitely is happening -- I am much more fatigued, tachy, achy, weak, etc. I was doing so much better, too, over the summer.

Amy

Hope you are all starting to feel better some today! Could it really we the weather, is it possable you think? Just thinking....... I have felt pretty bad since last monday, and then everything this week has made it so much worse. I am i guess just looking for anything to help, but really know I just need to ride it out! I hope you all get the rest you need and start feel better soon, maybe someday so we can all met on the "ROCKYS" :lol: Wouldn't hat be awsome if we all we doing great!!!! Think good thought!!!!

Have a great night!!!

Amy

It is POURING here today! Maybe I will be able to poke my head out for few minutes and breathe in some RAGWEED-FREE air! Everyone thinks I'm nuts that I am counting down to a frost, or lots of frosts, b/c I have found that this fall I cannot go outside at all without making everything waay worse...UGH! I'm kinda tired of the walls inside the house! :)

Emily