Rita

morgan617

morgan,

or anyone else, i was a bit confused at first because i thought this was about our potspal rita. can you tell me if there is a specific reason for the names these storms are given ?(i noticed men and women's names) just interested, but mostly concerned and hoping people will stay safe on this one!!!

corina

oh thanks a lot pooh! i just read a bit and already know more about the storms! since my country for a big part is situated beneath sealevel (as it is where i live) i'm glad to know that there are dutch people in new orleans to pump the water out. it feels as if they are helping my friends. keeping my fingers crossed!

corina

Will our Wareagle have to evacuate again??? Oh my. I cannot imagine.

Watching this all is so heart-breaking. And, I can't help but think...what if that was me on that highway for hours on end? I would be sooooo sick and weak (and how would I pee, get food, meds, rest, on and and on.) I cannot begin to imagine the suffering people are enduring.

Corina...You know there was a Tropical Storm Emily this year???? Eeeekkk...When I saw Morgan's post I at first thought it was about our POTSpal, Rita, also!

Emily

My sister was stuck in the Houtson traffic jam yesterday. She got 10 miles in 14 hrs in 100+ degree heat with no air conditioning. I can't imagine what that would be like with POTS or any other chronic illness. By chance, she was able to get a flight out this morning. I have some relatives in Houston who wanted to leave, but couldn't get out due to the traffic. I think they are already out of supplies (food, water and gas) in the affected areas. I hope that everyone stays safe.

-Rita (the Potspal :) )

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

My step-mother-in-laws sister and husband had to leave, their house in expected to be leveled. And their mother was in a nursing home, left on a bus, turned around taken back to the home, then was flown to Dallas hospital. They aren't even sure which hospital, but happy that she was out of the town. Please keep everyone in your prayers.