Dr. Seuss meets POTS

Poohbear

• 7 years later...

Keep writing. You've got talent. It made my son and I laugh.

You feel like you can never win

When you go out the room starts to spin

The doctors don't know the real me

So they tell me it's anxiety

I drank water until I floated

And all it did was make me bloated

When I get up I fall to the floor

And my skin looks like Barney the Dinosaur

POTS really takes so much away

But tomorrow will be a better day :)

I love the additional input from everyone....ya'll keep writing :)

I find it helps me to write....it is sometimes a way to laugh (after crying of course) the frustration out. It's a safe way for me to vent my anger and frustration.

I haven't been on the boards in a while because I was doing some better (still nowhere near normal though) and just needed a break from consciously thinking or focusing on the illness (I don't know if that will make sense to anyone) so much. But....I have been in a serious flare for a couple of months and have very little support locally to me. Last night I was re-visiting some old thoughts and ideas and this thread popped into my mind.

Thanks Poohbear for bumping this forward! It's great! Really appreciated the laugh this morning. I needed it!

Sorry to hear you're back in a flare again.

I have been trying Cymbalta with awful results. Not able to turn tv on due to light or sound and unable to concentrate on computer till now. Finally able to look at computer and make sense of things and this is first thing I clicked on. It made my day. Prior to pots I was an elementary school teacher and I love this. This should be made into a children's book to explain pots to young children. Thanks for bringing joy into my life today.