Histamine blood test

Sea otter

@Sea otter Histamine dilates blood vessels, so it will make POTS worse. There are certain foods that make things worse for me, but even if I just have a stuffy nose or an insect bite I will flare, more or less. Spring is a high-allergen season, so my symptoms usually get worse in the spring. 

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

So are you going to ask for a histamine test? I did a food allergy panel came up negative (not epipen worthy) but clinic did cite food intolerance. 

I don't know yet. I would like to rule out MCAS, but the thing is that I have to do bloodwork privately and then hope I will find doctor that knows something about POTS and MCAS relations - of course, depends of results. I am not sure that kind of doctor in my country exist. 😂 

3 hours ago, Sea otter said:

I don't know yet. I would like to rule out MCAS, but the thing is that I have to do bloodwork privately and then hope I will find doctor that knows something about POTS and MCAS relations - of course, depends of results. I am not sure that kind of doctor in my country exist. 😂 

MCAS IMO can be a bit of a shoot to be diagnosed with at least in my state. From what i have read is more complicated than just a easy simple blood test. If one has a bad food allergy like a peanut allergy and balloons up would be a easy call but out side of that from what i know will take a baseline blood test and then a flare blood test. sure i have posted the tests on Dinet before.

Anyways more to think about. What has helped me is to keep my carbs down and i avoid the nightshade foods and if i feel ill with a food i will take it off my menu and see how it goes.