low grade fevers

Goblin

Hello. I just had a quick question... does anyone else experience low-grade fevers? I often get this at night and my doctor thought it was unrelated. I thought it was related because I know that your autonomic nervous system regulates body temperature and such. If anyone knows the answer to this, please let me know. It's one of those symptoms that worries me. Thanks everyone ;) -Stacey

I think this happens to me every now and then, I don't take my temperature at those times, but I feel "feverish" sometimes, and very flushed. I have heard that this is associated with POTS, because as you said in your post the autonomic nervous system helps regulate our body temperature.

huh.

i thought i was the only one. my temperature has always been a degree or so below normal, since i was a kid. a 'low grade fever' for me would occur when my temp got up to normal. 98.6 invariably meant i was coming down with something.

recently, though, my temp has gotten way lower than usual. every time someone takes my temperature, it's around 96 or less.

a couple of times recently, i took it (like you, when i was feeling 'feverish') and it was 94.1

very strange.

Body temperature is regulated by the autonomic nervous system--so if your ANS isn't working properly, such as with POTS, it's possible that it may be the reason your temp is "off." BTW, if you haven't ever downloaded the free book from the NDRF, their handbook, I strongly suggest it. It answers many of the common questions and clearly described all the systems involved with the ANS...

http://www.ndrf.org/NDRFHandbook.htm

from memory, here are a few I can think of:

blood pressure, heart rate, GI functions, bladder functions, sexual functions, body temperature (including sweating, flushing), partial control of respiratory function, etc.

Hope that helps! Nina

Thank you for the replies. During the time when I was the sickest, I also had a low body temperature.. I thought it was kind of weird, but it is nice to know that I am not the only one. Thank you mighty mouse for the link to the handbook, I found it to be a good source of information. Thanks again, -Stacey