Pounding heart beat and uneasy breathing

Hi!

I guess I'm not the only one with very strong heart beat, I mean I can feel it all the time and it's disturbing. My heart rate can be quite low at the same time. I've had dysautonomia symptoms for two and a half years now. Overall my fitness has slightly improved over time but my symptoms are still bothering me 24/7.

The other unexplained and very disturbing symptom is uneasy breathing which is not asthma related. It feels like there is pressure on my upper lungs near my throat, and I can feel the palpitations strongly there as well.

My heart has been checked by cardiologist and it seems perfectly healthy.

I frequently have issues with pounding heart sensation even though my heart rate is low (<70 bpm). I have very low anxiety, but it makes it hard to sleep.  I take Corlanor and Bystolic to help control heart rate, and it does seem to reduce the sensation of pounding, but not completely.  (typo fixed)

2 hours ago, Jason_X said:

I frequently have issues with pounding heart sensation even though my heart rate is low (<70 bpm). I have very low anxiety, but it makes it hard to sleep.  I take Corlanor and Bystolic to help control heart rate, and it doesn't seem to reduce the sensation of pounding, but not completely.

Totally me too, just different meds. They help, but not enough. I can have uncomfortable pounding when my HR is in the 60s and am not anxious at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. It’s unsettling to experience pounding at lower to normal heart rates. I have andrenergic POTS (with bradycardia  and PVCs) with asthma. I also have Sjogrens with laryngeal involvement. As aside I have EDS (Ehlers Danlos) and small fiber neuropathy as well. The pressure up into your upper chest and throat is familiar to me. I’m so adrenergic that my larynx is extremely sensitive at this point. I’ve been mostly without the ability to speak well for two years. Every time I wake up from sleeping I experience a huge adrenaline dump that induces pounding, sweating, and spasms up into my larnyx. I take Metoprolol 25mg two (or three times a day if I’m in a surge), Low Dose Naltrexone (2mg/day), and I just started Mestinon. Going very slowly with it to minimize side effects. I’m only up to 60 mg at night. I take other meds for my eyes and my asthma, but the struggle to deal with runaway sympathetic activity is ongoing with big setbacks for me. 15 days ago I had a big adrenaline event that caused dehydration and chest pain that put my pretty much flat for 5 days and not back to baseline even now at 15 days. It’s a bit like a reorganization of self. I hope you find some relief.