Discounted Internet

MTRJ75

For whoever needs this, I was recently informed of a government discount on internet for low income/disabled people. 

Being on disability qualifies me. It was a very quick application process and then you just give the app # to your service provider after they qualify you. 

https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov/

I'm getting my internet for basically free. 

@MTRJ75

Thanks!!

I think I had actually tried to do this before, and got frustrated, but this time I tried it and was successful.

Generally speaking, you have to earn less than $27,000/yr 

which I do.

The next morning, I got a notice from Verizon that they were hiking my bill by 20 bucks. 

But hey, it felt good to feel like I was WINNING again, if only for a brief time. 

In Virginia, because I live on a modest disability income, I don't have to pay real estate taxes that would otherwise cost me over $6,000/yr.

There's lots of red tape, but some people here might want to look into it, staying in my home means alot to me.

And because I'm on Medicare and Blue Cross, I get back $800 a year, anybody who watches TV has probably heard that.

But other than that, I pay full cost for practically everything, and as everybody knows, prices of everything have gone through the roof.