Rapid Weight Loss (water loss)

Sarinda

I have experienced rapid weight loss during a flare for many years.  I realized years ago, (after keeping track of water intake vs. output) this is water loss - not a problem with food or absorption -  I love to eat.  High calorie diets have no effect.  Salt has no effect.  I am intolerant to Meds.  I also have Mast Cell Activation and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.  After getting COVID twice (could not get vaccine due to allergic reaction to preservatives) I have been in a flare and am now 84 pounds and I am 5'4.  Weather changes in the fall always bring on 9-11 pounds of weight/water loss in a 2-month time period, but I usually gain it back in the Spring.  Since COVID, I have never recovered the weight.  I am also not able to get blood drawn which I usually have regularly due to severe dehydration.  Blood tests for Copectin and Aldosterone are normal.  

Severe insomnia 1-4 hrs of sleep a night have plagued me for 20 years. I Have extremely severe Osteoporosis, gut issues, but according to my bloodwork every thing is great.  I am not a candidate for TPN.  I am still losing weight.  There is really nothing Drs. can do which is perfectly understandable.

Any suggestions for any natural products or supplements which might help.

@Sarinda - have they tried IV fluids? I am unable to retain oral fluids, even with increased salt intake, because I pee out more than I take in. IV fluids, however, stay in the system and provide hydration and normalize BP for me. I assume they have checked your RAAS levels ( Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone )? Are you seeing an endocrinologist?

Thank you so much for your responses.  I have my thyroid checked every 2 months because it is sometimes erratic.  I appreciate your feedback.  I have tried all the things you listed.  I had IV saline for 1/5 years 2x a week, but this ruined my veins and I can no longer do anything that involves my veins, especially since having COVID, they are in worse shape.

I also see a Functional Doctor and an Endo.  The functional doctor does not know what to do and the Endo just tries to push drugs for Osteoporosis which I won't do due to my strong reactions and these things just bring on a stronger flare.

I am not sure what the range was for Renin and Aldosterone.  I don't remember them testing for Angiotensin.  However, the drugs they use for these, so far, do not agree with me, so I am trying to find something natural.

Quercitin is a methyl donor and unfortunately does not work for me.  I take Vitamin C.  I am on the fence regarding Melatonin.

I am going to try Licorice.  There is some Licorice in my Iberogast and I do fine with that.  I take Thiamine and I think it helps me with motility.

All wonderful ideas, thanks again!!!