Home Allergy Test

MikeO

Doubt the test i did very scientific but it did provoke a response (skin did itch). I tested a ripe tomato (pretty sure it is a high histamine food). The control in the pic is circled on the right and the tomato on the left. Might take a few tries to get better at this. Only reason i am even trying this is to see if there is any validity in chasing after any allergy testing.

allergy.thumb.jpg.5974b37d76eb54bc4dc21566c26a74cf.jpg

@MikeO - my daughter has food allergies and her ENT told her to eat tomatoes or potatoes ( apparently in the same group ) only every 4 days. I think since you seem to respond to tomato acid you may benefit from a low acid and low histamine diet?

57 minutes ago, Pistol said:

@MikeO - my daughter has food allergies and her ENT told her to eat tomatoes or potatoes ( apparently in the same group ) only every 4 days. I think since you seem to respond to tomato acid you may benefit from a low acid and low histamine diet?

Sorry to hear your daughter has food allergies i can identify with some of the discomfort this can cause. I do have known or documented allergies to some drugs. I would break out in rashes or hives (becomes another treat the symptom and not the root cause) and have a standing prescription for prednisone if i have an outbreak.

Over the last year i have suspected more food borne problems and have followed for the most part a low histamine diet when i break from that i do run into a uptick in GI issues.

I would like to get in for allergy testing i just need to do better at pleading why with my doc.    

@MikeO do you need a referral for allergy testing? My daughter's was done my an ENT/Allergist, and she then treated her allergies as well. Since histamine release seems to trigger symptoms for many people with dysautonomia, even without MCAS, getting tested is probably a good idea because pinpointing and then avoiding the triggering foods could improve your dysautonomia. 

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

do you need a referral for allergy testing?

Pretty sure i do.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Since histamine release seems to trigger symptoms for many people with dysautonomia, even without MCAS, getting tested is probably a good idea because pinpointing and then avoiding the triggering foods could improve your dysautonomia. 

I agree. I will test a few more of what i think gets to me and see what i get. I am sure i can get my PCP to do a referral just hate to walk in and say i think i have food issues and present him with a tomato test. I can just hear him say well then don't eat them Haha.

Below is a pic of the the test site a day later.

aftertest.thumb.jpg.20ba12da6cca1ac1c6a5f7ab96409d58.jpg

• 2 months later...