Awoken by what felt like a mini stroke

Nin

I was awoken with my chin going into a spasm, then my left side of my face gone numb, then my left arm numb, then my left leg. I laid there whst felt like 3 mins and ran into my parents to wake them. That night I was getting twitches all over my body. The twitches have been intense the past 2 weeks they feel like they're going 24/7. Since then Ive woken a couple of times not with numbness but twitches, pins and needles and I'm just stuck like I can't get up. Anyone else get these things happening? Its seems this happens as I'm about to go into sleep like the 1st ten minutes 

On 6/24/2022 at 5:19 PM, Nin said:

I was awoken with my chin going into a spasm, then my left side of my face gone numb, then my left arm numb, then my left leg. I laid there whst felt like 3 mins and ran into my parents to wake them. That night I was getting twitches all over my body. The twitches have been intense the past 2 weeks they feel like they're going 24/7. Since then Ive woken a couple of times not with numbness but twitches, pins and needles and I'm just stuck like I can't get up. Anyone else get these things happening? Its seems this happens as I'm about to go into sleep like the 1st ten minutes 

I've often gotten fully body cramps/pins & needles/body jerking/electrical-like shocks when trying to fall asleep. It used to happen much more often than it does now. Is there anything you did or ate that day that may have over-stimulated your system? 

12 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Nin this sounds very odd to me, should you go to an ER?

My mum phoned an ambulance and they said 7 hr wait, so my dad drove me to the a&e. They didn't have any concerns (I did) all they did was test for infections weirdly. The doctor started going on about my non epileptic seizures and asking am I stressed. Im sick of them blaming everything on the non epileptic seizures and thinking everything that happens to me is stressed related. I've never told them I'm stressed. I have tested positive for antiphospholipid syndrome which can cause mini strokes, they didn't want to hear it.

1 hour ago, MTRJ75 said:

I've often gotten fully body cramps/pins & needles/body jerking/electrical-like shocks when trying to fall asleep. It used to happen much more often than it does now. Is there anything you did or ate that day that may have over-stimulated your system? 

I did do some squats before I got into bed. I try to do some just before I get into bed. Haven't since I'm too scared. This Haven't happened before 

@Nin

Hello, I have some insight to this. My daughter who has POTS w/ convulsions feel as if she is having a mini stroke or a heart attack. (However she isn't) it's her POTS that is making it feel this way. She does go numb after her POTS episodes and it does eventually come back shortly. POTS can make you feel like your having a heart attack. I've called an ambulance and she has had every test done to say it isn't "heart related" it her POTS. They say it isn't life threating. They fill her with IV fluids, and then she is better and on her way home. 

But, don't ever second guess what you may be feeling! Never hurts to get checked out! 

• 2 weeks later...

Midodrine can cause tingling, pins and needles feelings. It was the reason I couldn't take it. It felt like someone was brushing up against my skin or a hair was tickling me all day long. It caused me to twitch and feel sensory anxiety. Hopefully your doctors are helping you out since this post is a couple weeks old now.