Event 3 - Dr. Raj - POTS Plus

MTRJ75

Just finished watching Dr. Raj's talk and ironically, I had recently watched his 2021 DI Conf. talk that prompted me to ask some too late exercise questions in the other thread. In fact, a lot of this talk and many of the slides were repetitive from the DI Conf talk, which is fine because they were very useful. 

Some of the new things though: 

- Towards the end, he touches on the beta blockers and even mentioned that "less is more", which is something that has been discussed recently in another thread where I couldn't remember where I'd seen that lower dose beta blockers were better for POTS. 

- He mentioned salt tablets and nausea (which he also mentioned in the other talk). I never connected the two before. Stopped taking my salt tablets first thing and the morning this week and less nausea. 

- POTS Plus - I'd never heard this term before and while in the beginning, standing tachycardia was among the worst of my symptoms, it's far from a solved issue now, but I would certainly consider other issues more debilitating. He mentioned MCAS, AI, neuropathy, etc...

Is this something that's actually a real thing now? Do I go into my doctors now and say I have POTS Plus (and then explain to them what it is)? 

19 hours ago, MTRJ75 said:

Towards the end, he touches on the beta blockers and even mentioned that "less is more", which is something that has been discussed recently in another thread where I couldn't remember where I'd seen that lower dose beta blockers were better for POTS. 

Beta-blockers have there intended uses as Dr Raj mentioned. I know from personal experience that i.e. taking 100 mg of metoprolol intensifies my symptoms to the 10x power vs only taking 50 mg and having manageable symptoms. the beta-blockers are also good at limiting how high most folks hr's will go up to. the last three stress tests that i have done was while on metoprolol and i came up just short of my target hr so we are good that i am on the right dosage of the drug.