Do people with hyperadrenergic pots wear compression stockings?

Nin

Do people with hyperadrenergic pots wear compression stockings. Just wondering as I'm sure I'm hyperadrenergic pots but I can't be without compression socks. Tried it not long ago, started walking for 2 mins and was in a mess. I thought because hyperadrenergic pots is too much constriction the compression socks would cause more constriction...am I wrong?

Hi @Ninnot sure i can answer your question directly. What i do know is that i know several nurses that wear compression stockings they help with leg fatigue most have to work 12 hr shifts. I have worn these just after my bypass surgery but was due to the edema. I have seen relief leg wise but is contradicted due to my health conditions.

Hopefully a site admin can answer your question to the  hyperadrenergic pots constriction. I did not get my question answered regarding nOH and POTS

Regardless take your health care into your own hands and due what makes a difference. I would also consult your DR before making changes.  

@Nin - yes, you should still wear compression stockings. In some cases of HPOTS the blood vessels first go too limp and that is why the sympathetic NS kicks out so much adrenaline - in an attempt to compensate for the vasodilation. So if you wear compression hose you can prevent this from starting n the first place! The only time you would not wear them is if you have problems with circulation in your feet. i have Raynauds syndrome in my feet, for example, so I cannot wear them. 

19 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hi @Ninnot sure i can answer your question directly. What i do know is that i know several nurses that wear compression stockings they help with leg fatigue most have to work 12 hr shifts. I have worn these just after my bypass surgery but was due to the edema. I have seen relief leg wise but is contradicted due to my health conditions.

Hopefully a site admin can answer your question to the  hyperadrenergic pots constriction. I did not get my question answered regarding nOH and POTS

Regardless take your health care into your own hands and due what makes a difference. I would also consult your DR before making changes.  

Thanks Mike0 for getting back to me. I'll just keep wearing them as I do feel like they help.

19 hours ago, Pistol said:

@Nin - yes, you should still wear compression stockings. In some cases of HPOTS the blood vessels first go too limp and that is why the sympathetic NS kicks out so much adrenaline - in an attempt to compensate for the vasodilation. So if you wear compression hose you can prevent this from starting n the first place! The only time you would not wear them is if you have problems with circulation in your feet. i have Raynauds syndrome in my feet, for example, so I cannot wear them. 

Yes makes complete sense what you're saying. Thanks for the reply!