Rapid heartbeat for a few seconds

MikeO

Hi,

I get some rapid heart beats for a few seconds while sleeping from time to time. Have caught them on holter monitoring as well. Mostly i notice them in the early morning hours. They happen when i turn over in bed as well as laying on my back. are these common with folks that have dysautonomia or POTs? 

Pretty sure i am not in love right now or pregnant (lol) and can't imagine any anxiety while i am a sleep (or is there? a dream maybe) 

Just wondering if other folks experience these.

@MikeO - I am not exactly sure WHY this happens, but it does happen to me. Every once in while I will have bursts of tachycardia or irregular beats in the middle of the night. I wonder if this is because our adrenaline levels fluctuate during sleep?

Yeah I get this too usually when my cerebellum is overstimulated. Cerebellar damage is my cause of POTS and the cerebellum has an inhibitory affect on the vestibular nuclei while also receiving input from the vestibular apparatus in the inner ear. This is why gaze stability exercises are a prescription for POTS in functional neurology. They’ve helped me for sure. I've had it assessed by someone that gives RightEye exams. They are great for assessing brain and eye health

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I wonder if this is because our adrenaline levels fluctuate during sleep?

Kinda wonder this as well. Thinking back i am sure i ran into this during the day pre-beta-blocker. So i do take meds first thing in the morning so am i not making the distance with the dosage? or seems the tail end is not making the distance. Cardiology wise i don't think there is a big concern.

Just Glad i am not not the only one that feels this.