Some new photography.

CallieAndToby

7 hours ago, MikeO said:

@CallieAndToby22Nice photos made my morning.

Before i started getting really sick i was a bit of a shutterbug as well.

bird.thumb.jpg.3549282616f90b4e8ebd32f168242d7a.jpgfox.thumb.jpg.e51d54979a74cf367d46fbb9de708328.jpgjeep.thumb.jpg.24e9d8a2badf01d0c6aa5e1e2651e86f.jpgspring.thumb.jpg.52940bc2fee13038d2cd5a3b537f25aa.jpg 

I did some freelance photography, I wanted to finish my degree in photography online..... then cancer treatment. When I was young and much healthier I was a working/gigging musician but got really sick. I miss art because there is nothing as therapeutic. Even all my time spent in the hospitals I was always so happy with the music therapists, art therapists, and once I got a plant therapist. Those things to me are just important as the doctors in hospital and nursing home settings. My grandmother was in a nursing home for awhile and when things were getting rough I asked for a music therapist and they had someone permanently working there and it was helpful for my grandmother and family. That's my little soap box rant about the arts! Gives me an idea about a new thread. 

1 hour ago, CallieAndToby22 said:

I did some freelance photography, I wanted to finish my degree in photography online..... then cancer treatment. When I was young and much healthier I was a working/gigging musician but got really sick. I miss art because there is nothing as therapeutic. Even all my time spent in the hospitals I was always so happy with the music therapists, art therapists, and once I got a plant therapist. Those things to me are just important as the doctors in hospital and nursing home settings. My grandmother was in a nursing home for awhile and when things were getting rough I asked for a music therapist and they had someone permanently working there and it was helpful for my grandmother and family. That's my little soap box rant about the arts! Gives me an idea about a new thread. 

I know we do what we can to make us happy. Music helps. Not sure about plants I can't seem to even get grass to grow Lol

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not sure about plants I can't seem to even get grass to grow Lol

Oh, come on @MikeO! It can't be that bad! I LOVE plants. I have an Orchid I got about 7 years back from my husband for valentines day and it now has 48 blooms on it! And it blooms continously - as the old ones die off new ones are forming. I also love herbs, have several flower gardens, a vegetable garden, an Aloe plant, a Fig tree and a Rosemary bush that made it to 14 years old ( rest in peace, she died this spring 😢). And tons of house plants. I even grew an apple tree from seed! Plants are just like animals and humans - they want to be given what they need and then they will give you all they got!

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Oh, come on @MikeO! It can't be that bad! I LOVE plants. I have an Orchid I got about 7 years back from my husband for valentines day and it now has 48 blooms on it! And it blooms continously - as the old ones die off new ones are forming. I also love herbs, have several flower gardens, a vegetable garden, an Aloe plant, a Fig tree and a Rosemary bush that made it to 14 years old ( rest in peace, she died this spring 😢). And tons of house plants. I even grew an apple tree from seed! Plants are just like animals and humans - they want to be given what they need and then they will give you all they got!

Lol. Sounds like you have green thumb though. I just prefer to take pictures of the flowers and plants. :)

46 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Oh but it is. the grass seed the gas company guy thru down grew but not Mikes. it sprouted then proceeded to die. I just don't have the green thumb. I do have to say my apple tree is doing good but then i did not plant that as well Lol

• 3 weeks later...