Update with colonoscopy and EGD

genie

I had posted a while back that I was having to have the colonoscopy and EGD done and I have just retured and wanted to let you all know it went very well. They did find somethings that can be helped with meds' so for that I'm glad I decided to go through with it. I also had an amazing doctor and even though he wasn't up on POTS when we first met he was amazing today and I actually have no side-effects as of now. I was given the miralax for those who may have to have it done, very gentle to my system and they gave me IV solution to prevent dehydration. So, just want to let the ones who haven't had it done yet that at least for me and with the help of this doc my procedure went as smooth as possible, I would recommend him to anyone. So, for those who have to have it done know there are doctors who can make it easier on you and your system!

Yes, I did have anesthia and did fine the day of the procedure. I was actually on speed, very hyper after the procedure. I have been a bit tired the past couple of days but not bad. Know that my system has been through a lot but still did much better than I had expected. My boss who doesn't have POTS had a different doc and did much worse than I, she was out almost a week due to the weakness and fatigue. I'm trying to take it slow and rest when I feel I need to but again did much better than I'd thought!!