Bon Appetite

MikeO

• 2 weeks later...

I made pork chops in the instant pot yesterday! Salt and pepper chops, saute until brown, add chopped onion and garlic as well as one chopped apple, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, thyme, lock lid and cook on manual for 8 minutes. Vent naturally, remove chops, add cornstarch slurry to gravy ( if the gravy is chunky you can puree it ) and - voila! Yum - and so easy!

On 10/4/2021 at 3:32 AM, Pistol said:

I made pork chops in the instant pot yesterday! Salt and pepper chops, saute until brown, add chopped onion and garlic as well as one chopped apple, add 1/2 cup chicken broth, thyme, lock lid and cook on manual for 8 minutes. Vent naturally, remove chops, add cornstarch slurry to gravy ( if the gravy is chunky you can puree it ) and - voila! Yum - and so easy!

Pistol that is so smart! what can you make with an instant pot? i like making large roasts and stuff so i can graze on it over a few days.

@MikeO - there is sooo much stuff you can make in one! And it cooks so quick! You can make baked potatoes in a few minutes, chili or any soup in a fraction of the time, roasts, any meat ... I like it because I cannot stand at the stove for very long. When I prep all the ingredients I am already spent. So the instapot is so handy - put it all in, set it and go lay down. When it beeps everything is done. And you can buy instapot cook books, I have a few.

@MikeO - here is a delicious, easy crockpot recipe a friend sent me - it is sooooo delicious! 

3-4 lb chuck or bottom round beef roast

1 package Au Jus mix

1 package dry Ranch dressing mix

5 - 6 pepperoncini

The recipe does not call for this but I add 1/2 cup water

put roast in crockpot, add other ingredients, cover, cook on low for 8 hours. It is just soooo good! It makes it own gravy. ( I would not try this if you have to watch your salt intake )

On 10/11/2021 at 3:46 AM, Pistol said:

@MikeO - here is a delicious, easy crockpot recipe a friend sent me - it is sooooo delicious! 

3-4 lb chuck or bottom round beef roast

1 package Au Jus mix

1 package dry Ranch dressing mix

5 - 6 pepperoncini

The recipe does not call for this but I add 1/2 cup water

put roast in crockpot, add other ingredients, cover, cook on low for 8 hours. It is just soooo good! It makes it own gravy. ( I would not try this if you have to watch your salt intake )

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Comment :) @Pistolthis sounds really good would have never thought of it. In fact i think i have everything except for the pepperoni. You right on the salt, for now i need to hold off. I do have a craving for sloppy joes topped with dill pickle chips and potato chips hmm...wonder what for dinner.