Taurine for POTS heart rate

Kalt

Hello @Kalt - welcome to the forum! If you type "Taurine" into the search bar it will bring up many older posts that have addressed Taurine, you may find some info there. 

2 hours ago, Sushi said:

I use it to prevent arrhythmias. Here is a good article on it:  Elimination of cardiac arrhythmias using oral taurine

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16797868/

Case histories of people with very frequent arrhythmias are presented showing 10-20g taurine per day reduced PACs by 50% and prevented all PVCs but did not prevent pauses. Adding 4-6g of l-arginine immediately terminated essentially all remaining pauses and PACs, maintaining normal cardiac rhythm with continued treatment.

Can't be that simple, can it? Otherwise this would be the first thing cardiologists would be recommending. 

On 7/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, MTRJ75 said:

Can't be that simple, can it? Otherwise this would be the first thing cardiologists would be recommending. 

My EP recommended it...along with an antiarrythmic drug--so, probably not a stand-alone treatment except for mild conditions. I do feel it helps though.