This one is a bit personal but think it is important to talk about

Dyautonomia can develop from a wide variety of conditions. In my case, I have never been diagnosed with any specific syndrome but I am positive I have a form of autonomic dysfunction due a long history of depression. Specifically, I was emotionally burned in childhood/teenage years and was never able to fully recover. The pain got worse and worse over the years until it lead me to some pretty dark places that I won't get into. Eventually I became numb like in the song comfortably numb. And thats is when this autonomic stuff started happening to me. I was really scared at first but thankfully I found this forum and found much comfort in the fact I was not alone. Which is why I feel it is important for me to post this here in case anyone with similar experiences ends up on this forum. I was lost for a long time because I always labeled myself as having depression. Which is true but the correct terminology is that I was burned. I won't get too much into it as it is a sensitive topic but we are all made up of the four elements of water earth air and fire. Yes I am referring to the astrological phenomenon which is looked down upon in the scientific community but in my spiritual journey I found it to contain much truth. Anyway, I hope this won't get deleted as it has on some other places. I just want to post this here in case someone may find comfort from a similar experience as I have from this forum. Feel free to pm me. Thank you.

Dear @racingheart77 - thank you for posting your thoughts. I am sorry you have been through so much! Depression is a common result of dysautonomia, due to the disability that comes with this illness. Although there is no evidence that depression CAUSES POTS it is possible that it could CONTRIBUTE to developing POTS - simply by the inactivity and deconditioning that comes with it. Having said that - the exhaustion, fatigue, exercise and orthostatic intolerance that comes from POTS can often be mistaken for depression as well, so the 2 illnesses can easily get confused. 

I am sorry you have had so much to deal with, and I hope you will find a place of peace!