Numbness in chin/lips

I know there are a lot of past entries probably dealing  with numbness, but thought I would just put out a new question here.  I'm hoping someone maybe can relate to this to ease my mind.  Has anyone had onset of a feeling of numbness, or mostly a tingling feeling, in the chin and lip area?  I looked this up online to see if I could relate it to the neuropathy that I have throughout the extremities with tingling  sensation and burning all over).  But I got really concerned because this is referred to as "numb chin syndrome" and is usually a marker or sign of metastatic cancer from somewhere.  That is the last thing I was expecting.   If I didn't have the constant worsening  burning and paresthesias all over I would be extremely cioncerned, but would be interested to know if anyone with peripheral neuropathy, SFN, or autonomic neuropathy has ever experienced this.   Could also be a fibro thing?  I read that it could occur from a process such as MS, sarcoidosis, or Sjrogren's, so there is some logic there I guess with dysautoonomia.    I  know I need to check it out, but would appreciate anyone's experience with this.  Thank you. 

I get this and my ears. None of my doctors are concerned, not even my Oncologist. He administers my IV biologic for an autoimmune disease. I don't know what it is, but my doctor, who specializes in cancer, doesn't see it as a sign of cancer. Hope that helps a little. 

18 hours ago, betty.chronicilles said:

I get out across my lips nose and cheeks

Sorry, no fun either.  I guess that is better than the chin numbness, as the dangerous part of that is that cancers extend to the mandible and that is what causes the mental neuropathy, i.e. chin numbness, which is the worrisome sign.  No numbness is pleasant, but if in other parts of the face, not as concerning.  Thanks.

6 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

I get this and my ears. None of my doctors are concerned, not even my Oncologist. He administers my IV biologic for an autoimmune disease. I don't know what it is, but my doctor, who specializes in cancer, doesn't see it as a sign of cancer. Hope that helps a little. 

Specifically the chin numbness, Kim?  I read that it can be caused by autoimmune issues, i.e MS, Sjrogren's etc,, so maybe your doctor is assuming it may be secondary to your autoimmune?  Good to know that he is not concerned about it, though.  Thank you.

6 hours ago, CJ65 said:

I get it if I really push myself physically. Thanks for bringing it up, I thought I was the only one!

Thank you.  I'm assuming you mean specifically the chin numbness?  Yes, unfortunately doing too much makes everything worse.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I was experiencing this for about a year in my lips and couldn’t explain it. I’m starting to realize I have most of the classic symptoms of POTS and my mother definitely has it but never diagnosed based on what I’m reading.

• 1 month later...

I have this always when I am symptomatic. I have SFN and my doctors told me that's paraesthesias, that's normal for SFN. When I get it, it's a sign for to much adrenalin in my body and I have to rest or to be very careful with me. When I eat chocolate or drink red wine I have this symptoms too, so I think it could be a kind of MACActivations too....