Klonopin... Is this normal?

I'm no stranger to klonopin. Been on and off for over a decade for severe anxiety and panic attacks. I recently started back up on 1mg to see if it does anything for my pots. I've heard it is hit or miss. Here's the thing, normally my bp is low, heart rate high, and lots of orthostatic hypotension like symptoms and feeling like passing out. Oddly enough it helps with everything but the HR. My heart rate stays high. I've heard it is supposed to lower HR and BP. What gives? Can anybody explain it? Has anybody had a similar experience? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! 

I am on Klonopin and it generally behaves. That said I have had a LOT of the socalled paradoxical reactions ans have finally figured out that for me, it is my body overcorrecting. Like if I take something sedating my body says oh no not on my watch! And my heart races like a hummingbird. The only way around it again just my own story, is starting all meds with a tiny baby dose (like a tenth or less) and fighting thru any side effects if they are not dangerous. My first psychiatrist taught me that approach, and it really helped. Also, drugs are prescribed at a standard dose usually, based on what was studied and approved...  but many of us need a lot less. Titrating slowly, i can find the best dose.

I don't know if all of us have that sort of body reaction, but sharing in case it might help anyone else.

1 hour ago, Platypus said:

I don't know if all of us have that sort of body reaction, but sharing in case it might help anyone else.

Thanks @Platypus - yes, medication hypersensitivity is very common in dysautonomia, and most of us - myself included - have to start on extremely low doses, even half of a pediatric dose.