Experience with Guanfacine?

So I have a love hate relationship with this medication. I only use it in emergencies now like when I'm having seizure activity but man this drug at just 1/4 of 1 mg causes terrible insomnia no matter what time of day I take it. It makes me so tired and worn out and exhausted. Has anybody had any better success with a different vasodilator? I also know it's going to take a combination of things. I'm extremely sensitive to medication and they build up in my system over time and side effects just get worse. 

Oh it also helps my bladder and bowels a lot, but the insomnia becomes unbearable and I tried taking every other day. 

@CallieAndToby22 - sorry, I have no words of wisdom. I took guanfacine 0.5 mg twice a day for several years, without any side effects. I ended up having to stop it b/c my BP ended up too low. I had no insomnia from it, but we are all so different. As to a different vasodilator - I take Diltiazem, that has been very effective for me, and also has helped to stop my seizures. 

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

@CallieAndToby22 - sorry, I have no words of wisdom. I took guanfacine 0.5 mg twice a day for several years, without any side effects. I ended up having to stop it b/c my BP ended up too low. I had no insomnia from it, but we are all so different. As to a different vasodilator - I take Diltiazem, that has been very effective for me, and also has helped to stop my seizures. 

Thank you for the suggestion, I guess I wanted to know there were more options out there. Guanfacine is also making my blood pressure too low. I will look into the medication you suggested.