Starting ivabradine

Did you guys know there is a discount card? I am working on that... cardiologist says to just start at 5mg twice a day. This is replacing metoprolol so I thought I had slowly taper down. Hmmm. I was hoping to eventually be on a little of both, since metoprolol helped my pounding heart so much. I have seen other people on both. Does anyone else have experiences to share?

I have been on this twice. I don’t remember why I stopped it the first time but probably because I developed hypertension which is now only when supine. I don’t know about the discount card but the first time I started this I got it from Canada. It was easy, I just needed a paper prescription and not terribly expensive. My insurance covers it now. I stopped carvedilol recently in the mornings and only take 2.5mg of ivabradine. Even that caused palpitations for a week or two. I found starting at a low dose and working up slowly effective or the palpitations were awful. I take carvedilol in the evenings but not ivabradine but that’s for the supine hypertension overnight.