Anyone find abdominal compression binders any good?

Nin

Anyone find abdominal compression binders any good? I wear knee high stockings at the moment and can't be without them. I just thinking ahead to the summer so I can wear a dress. I personally can't see how it would help as the blood pools to the lower body 😕 

41 minutes ago, Nin said:

Anyone find abdominal compression binders any good? I wear knee high stockings at the moment and can't be without them. I just thinking ahead to the summer so I can wear a dress. I personally can't see how it would help as the blood pools to the lower body 😕 

Gravity pulls the blood downward.  It collects below the heart, including in the abdomen for many people.  This is especially the case after you eat.  I personally can't tolerate abdominal compression, but it helps many people.

@Nin - my sister has POTS and she swears by abdominal compression. She says it helps her a lot. I cannot tolerate it  ( or any other compression hose ) b/c I have HPOTS and Reynauds syndrome. I have heard from several people that it helps them, albeit a bit uncomfortable and hot in the summer!

Mine helps keep my BP up when I"m standing (and not moving around a lot--i.e. grocery store lines) when there is no option to sit or if I'll look crazy jumping or running in place.  They are tight. I have two kinds. I can't wear them for long periods of time--b/c they are uncomfortable and will slow digestion.