Challenges in your 30s

Ashc

During our teens and 2os, we care less about our body, our life in general but once we hit 30, we realize a lot of things. That's when we rush to put things all together, and we feel the pressure and the stress, then there comes the illnesses. I think mostly, it's all about the stress of the challenges we had during these years. What do you think? What was the most stressful or challenging thing that happened to you that you thin contributed to your illness? How did you cope with that situation? 

I got sick at 17 after mono and also developed severe bone paint age 16 which they attribute to having an MPN (myeloproliferative disorder). I really didn't have stress before that, my health problems and the way I was treated by my peers, some doubting family, my church, doctors calling me a psych patient, became my stress. My father forcing me to go to college (only finished 2 years in 4 years of attendance) even though I was extremely ill was stressful. 

Social media is also terribly depressing and stressful for me personally. 

Edited by CallieAndToby22
typed too much

Hey, all! Thanks for your responses. I'd say it is in our 30s where feel so much pressure as we are nearing 40s. We get to look back at the opportunities we missed and all the hardship. And now social media is brainwashing us, making us feel that we have a bad life. It's hard living nowadays. I think everybody should address mental health, maybe it should be mandatory for schools or offices? The stigma maybe stopping people from admitting they need help, right? Has any of you had experience with therapy. How did it go? Did you benefit from it?

12 hours ago, Ashc said:

Hey, all! Thanks for your responses. I'd say it is in our 30s where feel so much pressure as we are nearing 40s. We get to look back at the opportunities we missed and all the hardship. And now social media is brainwashing us, making us feel that we have a bad life. It's hard living nowadays. I think everybody should address mental health, maybe it should be mandatory for schools or offices? The stigma maybe stopping people from admitting they need help, right? Has any of you had experience with therapy. How did it go? Did you benefit from it?

I've been in therapy for the past 15 years. I really didn't find the right therapist until the past 5-6 years. I didn't make any progress with many others. I developed OCD out of nowhere years after getting first ill and I went to the University OCD clinic and made a little progress and have followed up with my current psychologist; he mainly helps with my health stuff, he's pretty incredible. He got me a connected with a nurse case worker with my insurance to help with everything. We don't really talk about OCD much any more just what I'm dealing with atm. There are people in my family that refuse to have any understanding of the situation with my health and he has tried talking to them but only so much you can do. I wish there were alternatives to the current social media.

• 3 months later...
On 4/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, sitcedar said:

I think it was the pressure of doing better or catching up in life without really knowing what I want. I just feel the need to be like everybody else. I stopped with social media as they mostly make me feel jealous of people who seem to be having it easier in life. 

Me too. It's of no use following other people's lives