MCAS??

Knellie

Hey Everyone!

I just have a question for all of you with Mast Cell Activation Syndrome. You see, I have had eczema, "asthma" (not sure what it actually is, but that is what the docs call it. Albuterol doesn't help and when I have an "asthma attack" it feels like my throat is closing up and my throat burns. Who knows really?), I get stuffy noses often, and my doc thinks I might have eosinophilic esophagitis. I am not sure if these are MCAS symptoms. They seem like an allergic reaction to me but I really don't know much about MCAS. On top of that is of course the dizziness, headaches, tachycardia and myriad of GI symptoms. Can anyone give me info on MCAS and do my symptoms sound similar? I would love any info because at this point I'm desperate for answers. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Knellie said:

but that is what the docs call it. Albuterol doesn't help and when I have an "asthma attack" it feels like my throat is closing up and my throat burns.

hi @Knellie - I don;t have any Input on MCAS but the above symptoms could be Reflux related. I know several people who saw an allergist for those exact symptoms and he said it is reflux. My F-I-L also has this ( throat burning and feeling like it closes up ) as well as cough and it is GERD. Since you have eosiniophilic esophagitis - could that be the case for you?