Mast Cell 'issue' question

I have had this conversation with my care providers. While none of them would use the direct term MCAS they agreed that certain class of drugs can trigger histamine release. It was also brought up that there is evidence that certain beta-blockers also act as a primer by lowering your epinephrine levels which is what keeps things (Mast Cells) in check.  

On 5/21/2022 at 6:46 AM, MikeO said:

It was also brought up that there is evidence that certain beta-blockers also act as a primer by lowering your epinephrine levels which is what keeps things (Mast Cells) in check.  

Interesting. I'm on Beta Blockers, but that med was not mentioned. I will ask if I am on other meds that could keep me on this loop and see what happens. It could lead to another interesting conversation.

5 hours ago, KiminOrlando said:

Interesting. I'm on Beta Blockers, but that med was not mentioned. I will ask if I am on other meds that could keep me on this loop and see what happens. It could lead to another interesting conversation.

I would be interested in what is said about this as well. I did find an article that touches upon this.

https://www.mastattack.org/2017/03/beta-blockers-epinephrine/