Artworks in spring

Ashc

I put the bit of energy I have in the spring into gardening. I create themed flowerbeds around my property and add to them every spring. A lot of the plants I start from seed, so I get busy in March and go until May. That works out great b/c once it gets too hot in the summer I pretty much have to stay inside except for early morning and after sun set. 

When the flowers are done I have another project - I will refinish an antique desk in my bedroom. I can do all the sanding and coating on my shady porch in the mornings. I used to love working with wood but d/t POTS I haven't been able to do much of it. 

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

I put the bit of energy I have in the spring into gardening. I create themed flowerbeds around my property and add to them every spring. A lot of the plants I start from seed, so I get busy in March and go until May. That works out great b/c once it gets too hot in the summer I pretty much have to stay inside except for early morning and after sun set. 

When the flowers are done I have another project - I will refinish an antique desk in my bedroom. I can do all the sanding and coating on my shady porch in the mornings. I used to love working with wood but d/t POTS I haven't been able to do much of it. 

My mom does all the gardening and I take the photos! :) I'm grateful she does keep things looking nice around here. 

On 3/29/2021 at 2:58 PM, Ashc said:

Wow, I am jealous. Really my kind of day. I would love to do the gardening, but I have to admit I'm not good with plants. Don't you have to have the green thumb for that? 

@CallieAndToby22 The photo is awesome btw. Reminds me of Japan for some reason.

I have some indoor plants and the succulents especially don't require much care at all! I think succulents are really neat. 

I had jade plant before which apparently is a succulent. I didn't really know much about plants then and it was just given to me as a gift. I was watering it everyday, and I wasn't supposed to so it did :( https://smartgardenguide.com/jade-plant-overwatering/#:~:text=Overwatering a Jade Plant causes,problems can cause similar symptoms. I didn't know I was overwatering it. It felt bad.

@Ashc - yep, not all plants are equal! I have an orchid that I used to just water every 2 days and sat it in a corner. It never did nothing and I was ready to throw it out but saw one little bud on it. My daughter got me a book on orchids, I read up on it, repotted it in proper soil and a bigger pot and changed location away from drafts and into more light. Tada - she has not stopped blooming since and currently has 38 ( !!!!!! ) beautiful flowers on it. ANYONE can be a successful gardener if the research is done and we don;t get plants that don't thrive in the environment we can provide. There are some veggies that simply don;t make it in my veggie garden b/c of the soil, elevation and zone - and others just take off! For example: I can't grow a good pepper here but tomatoes just grow and grow ... we wouldn't attempt to grow a cactus by the sea or watercress in the desert - ? 

• 3 weeks later...