Anyone else deal with this daily?

merkat30

My feet and legs are like yours @merkat30 and are freezing cold when they look like this but I don't have the mottling on my hands and arms that you do.  My Mum jokes that my feet and legs belong in a mortuary!  I think the funny colour comes from blood pooling and I think I've read that some POTS patients have abnormally low levels of nitric oxide in their skin when standing which can create a mottled appearance.  What you are supposed to do about it I don't know!  My legs and feet return to normal once I'm horizontal for a bit - do yours?

@merkat30

It's called "livedo reticularis" (you can go on line and see all kinds of pics) - I've read it can be caused by a number of conditions that affect blood vessels, so that would include POTS . . . I remember having it all over my legs after sitting outside in the sun on a warm day in long jeans = roasting. This was, like, 20 years ago, before I had any (known) symptoms of POTS. Eventually it went away and I don't get it on a regular basis. 

The red rash comes on all day on of thinking was of mast cell activation syndrome  but the the mottled I get I get shivers shakes with it usually low BP it horrible I cant get warm at all then suddenly after hours go burning hot !! . Yes cmep37 I also had that of my husband u look like corpse haha.