Foot Injuries not Healing

Knellie

Hey Everyone-

I had a quick question. I broke my toe almost three weeks ago. The doctor told me that the sharp pain should go away in about two weeks but the pain in my toe is still really bad. I did put it in a real shoe for one day but I wore an orthopedic shoe all the other days. I also have a scar on my big toe from like six moths ago that hasn't healed and still hurts from when I sliced myself on a rock at the beach and I have a scratch on my other little toe that hasn't healed all the way and it has been like 2 months. I was thinking that since we have such wonky blood flow to our feet in dysautonomia that maybe that is affecting the way that my feet heal. Should I go back to the doctor about my toe or should I just expect it to take longer to heal? Have any of you ever experienced this slow healing in your feet before? Thanks in advance!!

Hello @Knellie - I have broken several toes on different occasions and they always healed ( albeit crooked ) within 4-6 weeks. For minor wounds not to heal in 6 months is odd - could you have SFN? This could potentially cause delayed healing. Delayed healing can have different causes, so if you are worried I would bring it up with your doc. 

@Pistol - Thanks for responding! I have not been diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy....who would diagnose that? Would it be a rhuematologist or a neurologist? Or could my GP just do it? Any tips on how to ask my doc about it?