is not getting hungry a symptom

gertie

Thank you.  I ate light breakfast this am & felt like nothing digested.  I decided to experiment so I took an Ativan .5 & forgot about it.  In a few minutes I started burping & felt like my food was digesting & even went for a walk & ate a light lunch. That also leads me to believe some of it is caused by stress & anxiety. Nothing is much fun anymore is it?

This has been an issue for me my whole life. I don’t have other digestive issues (that I know of), so I’ve had to do some looking into why POTS could cause this. Of course I found basically nothing specific. But it makes sense to me that it could be just another symptom of our bodies not sending/receiving the correct information. Another thing is that there’s discussion of POTS causing sensory issues (poor processing). This includes the sensations that we experience inside our bodies, as well as outside.

Snap - the last time I can remember being hungry was about 10 years ago.  I eat when it's meal times and after a couple of bites I'm full up!  I force myself to eat regardless of my lack of appetite or awful amounts of nausea as I get too skinny otherwise but food is no longer something I enjoy, it's something I endure!!  When I'm in a POTS flare and I vomit my food is completely recognisable even several hours after eating - my GP has prescribed me Domperidone for these times and I find it really helps speed up the digestion process and gets rid of that feeling that everything is just sitting in your stomach.

Guest KiminOrlando

Domperidone is what I take and it helps tremendously. I finally got my doctor's attention when I told him I threw up spaghetti the next morning. He said, "impossible." I said, "very possible because it happens often. I need you to figure out how and why." He figured it out. Sorry about the TMI.

I also eat because it is time to eat, not because I'm hungry.