Super painful hunger pains

Knellie

Hey everyone-

I keep having abnormally painful hunger pains, like every muscle in my stomach is cramping uncontrollably at the same time. That is the best way I know how to describe them. I mentioned it to my gastroenterologist but he wants to do an endoscopy to explore some possibilities. I was think that since we all have dysautonomia, which is a nerve problem, that maybe my dysautonomia may be causing it. Does anyone else experience this? Or is this just some symptom of all of my gastric problems?

Also, my gastro thinks that I may have eosinophilic esophagitis because of my history of eczema and my symptoms. Does anyone have this? If you do, how did you treat/manage it? 

Side note: With the endoscopy, they usually use benzos or general anesthesia. Has anyone had bad experiences with either of these things? I just want to know what to expect.

Thanks in advance!!

2 hours ago, Knellie said:

Side note: With the endoscopy, they usually use benzos or general anesthesia. Has anyone had bad experiences with either of these things?

@Knellie I have to get EGD's every 2 years b/c I have Barrett's and my father died of esophageal cancer. I normally do not do well with anesthesia but the conscious sedation they use during scopings does not affect me adversely. I do not flare afterwards, either. 

Guest KiminOrlando

They used propofol on me and I was fine. I have gastroparesis. The test is probably warranted to find out what is wrong, but I can understand your concern.