Breathing and dry cough

angelloz

Well my breathing troubles continue along with chronic dry cough....this has been going on for months along with my dysautonomia  returning.  Had chest CT , heart work up etc... I guess next is a pulmonologist .  I had this a bit the first time around but way worse this time. Breathing takes so much work and feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen. My pulse oximeter is 98 most of the time. Can go down some when upright and moving around but not always. I am wondering if anyone else has the odd cough?  Hope everyone is doing as well as they can.

Hi @angelloz - I am so sorry that you are feeling this way! That is the worst. I don't have a dry cough all the time but I do have a wet cough all the time, and the gunk gets lodged in my throat. It drives me nuts. I used to have a dry cough like that but my coughs are mainly wet now. I think that the chemicals in the masks we have to wear for COVID are bothering my lungs. I have heard a lot of people mention air hunger with dysautonomia, but I haven't experienced that myself. Do you have palpitations while you experience these breathing issues/cough? Sometimes my palpitations make me short of breath, but my doctor doesn't think much of it. I am sorry I can't offer much help, but I do understand what you are talking about with the cough. Do you also get a sore throat everyday? That is something weird I have. Anyway, I hope that you can figure it out. Best of luck!