Very low (narrow) pulse pressure

My pulse pressure when I’m standing is usually below 15. Often below 12, at which point my blood pressure machine gives up, and I can’t even find my own pulse. Blood pressure is in ‘normal’ range.

I mentioned it to my GP (who also saw it) but she didn’t seem to care. I see my cardiologist this week. Has anyone ever been told anything about this issue or had it taken seriously?

Short answer nope, no-one seems to care!  Mine isn't quite as bad as yours, but it's never more than 20 when I'm standing and the lowest I've seen it is 12.   I do know someone else on another forum with POTS who had a pulse pressure of 6 - recorded in hospital, they couldn't believe she was still conscious.  I've spoken to my GP and my cardiologist about it and both just say it's a sign of how much my heart is struggling to pump blood round my body when I'm upright and how little blood is circulating in my system.  Neither of them are concerned as my pulse pressure when lying down is normal (100/60). I actually find it a better indicator of how bad I feel than my HR - if my BP is 100/85 (PP15) and my HR 140 I feel worse than if my BP is 100/80 (PP20) and my HR 150.  Sorry I can't be of more help but I do know how you feel....

• 2 months later...

I didn't know they could measure pulse pressure but last month I did some poor man tilt table tests for Vanderbilt and they could not feel my radial pulse (at the wrist), they couldn't feel the pulse at my neck, the machine couldn't detect much either and my blood pressure was dangerously low at some time the bottom number couldn't be detected. My mom is a registered nurse and she grabbed a stethoscope and put it on my chest and counted my HR was up in the 160's after standing for 6+ mins. When I did the first testing in the neurologist's office I passed out and hit the floor after about 7 minutes of standing and it's a hard hospital floor. Still no word from medical professional or clinic. 

When I did my TTT my HR was 174 after standing for just over 10 minutes - the junior doctor decided to stop the test at that point as there was no sign of my HR slowing and he felt it would be dangerous to continue.  I was begging him to continue, worried that they wouldn't have got enough data after just 10 minutes but he laughed and said they had seen all they needed to....  I've had much higher numbers (180BPM+) on a 24 hour heart monitor but one of the first cardiologists I saw (who didn't know what POTS was) tried to tell me that the machine must have been faulty?!

1 hour ago, cmep37 said:

When I did my TTT my HR was 174 after standing for just over 10 minutes - the junior doctor decided to stop the test at that point as there was no sign of my HR slowing and he felt it would be dangerous to continue.  I was begging him to continue, worried that they wouldn't have got enough data after just 10 minutes but he laughed and said they had seen all they needed to....  I've had much higher numbers (180BPM+) on a 24 hour heart monitor but one of the first cardiologists I saw (who didn't know what POTS was) tried to tell me that the machine must have been faulty?!

I'm so sorry it's this bad for you too. I'm glad you mentioned that they had enough data. I've been worried too not hearing back from Vanderbilt and I pushed myself to get four different days of data, I had to stop autonomic meds, it was brutal and I'd be crashed after this 15 minute testing. I complete a tilt table test like 15 years ago and I felt like I was dying the entire time but I wasn't nearly as sick as I am now, it's very heartbreaking to get worse. 

52 minutes ago, POTSie78 said:

I also have narrow pulse pressure and my drs ask if I feel ok?  Ummm...no I don't feel ok lol.

Lol, it's not funny but yea they like to ask ridiculous questions. My 2 current doctors don't even care about anything that's going on.