Silent Night as performed by my family and I.

CallieAndToby

So even as sick as I am, I stepped into the producer role on Christmas, with some naps in between. I recorded everyone, including myself, playing silent night. Then I mixed everything and send it out as an mp3. On Christmas morning I woke up early and made a video of us playing (multi screen); this took about 2 hours. I'd love if you'd watch "Silent Night" and even share it if you'd like. Thanks! So glad I can still play. So my mother: piano, alto harmonies. Me: rhythm guitar, lead vocals. Brother makes an appearance half way through: guitar solo. 

Well done on putting this together as it was a lot of work for someone with Dysautonomia!

Silent night is such a classic. Even though I sing hymns and modern Christian songs at church regularly, there is something about Christmas carols like Silent Night that deeply move me, often to tears of gratitude.

It's very special doing an item with your family too - a memory you can all cherish. 

On 12/29/2020 at 3:14 AM, David Smith said:

Well done on putting this together as it was a lot of work for someone with Dysautonomia!

Silent night is such a classic. Even though I sing hymns and modern Christian songs at church regularly, there is something about Christmas carols like Silent Night that deeply move me, often to tears of gratitude.

It's very special doing an item with your family too - a memory you can all cherish. 

Thank you so much David. This was a lot of work for sure! We all recorded at different times, then I had to mix it, make the video. But my grandfather cried when he saw it. I wanted to add bass but I was too tired and it honestly does not need it. Appreciate the kind words. 

• 2 weeks later...